This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Can Wait But I Have to Get Home to My Children

Yesterday, since it was busy and we were short on checkers, I opened a register in order to get the line down. A couple customers went to the service desk to get served so I went over to serve them. I started on an order when the customer in the checkout line told me that she didn't mean to be rude but she'd been waiting patiently while I went to serve those customers. She told me that I needed to close the line, that the customers at the desk could wait, and that she needed to get home to her children. I told her that I would hurry which I did. I offered to get her a manager which she declined.

I wasn't able to close down since it was really busy and I was covering two shifts at the same time; one of which was mine. Also, some of the customers that come to the service desk with a small order are sometimes, if not usually, in a hurry.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

When I was training for chashier I had a customer use the same line on me but she told me and my trainer that she let her 5 year old babysit her 2 year old. Before you ask yeah we have a lot of f**ked up "parents" at A & P.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Wait, so you're saying that a cashier who is taking care of a line of people in order to serve ONE person who theoretically has children at home that she must rush home to? If that was true, the cashier would be pinballing all over the place to take care of people who have "kids in the car!" "have to get home RIGHT NOW!" so on. A line is there for a reason: so people can be served in turn. If the lady who had the kid at home saw how long the line was, then she had a choice to stay in the line and be served when it was her turn - or leave and come back another time when it wasn't so busy.

In short, failure to plan on your part (kids at home with no babysitter?) does not equal an emergency on the cashier's part.

Comment

Working...
      X