This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit Jim i'm NOT a doctor!

Two days ago I saw a woman waving to me wildly from down one of the aisles.

She seemed pretty urgent so i rushed over.

When I got closer i saw she had a young boy with her who looked like he didn't feel well.

She started telling me the boy felt sick.

The kid did look uncomfortable but it clearly wasn't an emergency situation and he just said "my stomach hurts".

I was just afraid that he was going to puke all over the floor (making it the 3rd time in 4 days i'd have had to clean puke up).But the woman was freaking out.

Then she decided to literally lay him across the FLOOR, in the middle of the store and look up at me like she wanted me to pull a medical degree out of my ass.

People were walking around/over them. I asked her if she needed an ambulance(even though it didn't seem like the kid was even that sick) but she declined.

But then she still told me that i needed to "do something".

Like WHAT?(is what i was thinking to myself). It's not like i had a doctor's office in the back.

...So i got him a cup of water. And...

Ta-Da! Problem solved.

The kid jumped up and they bought their stuff and went home.

The lady was really grateful but sheesh! Talk about overreacting.

I don't even wanna know what she's going to be like when he starts driving or dating.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Ummm...I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed out of her sight till he's 30. Possibly longer.

Please, please, please let me be able to 'let go' when it's time.
      If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

In her defense.... she may be emetophobic LOL I am (in a big way) and I freak out whenever my kids are sick... but the only person I pull into my irrational orbit is my ex-husband LOL
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Did you bill her for the treatment?

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Please send me a gallon of your magic water. I agree to pay all shipping and handling costs.
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Great coping skills there. She freaks out, and expects a complete stranger to "cure" her kid? What a whackjob.

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                Please send me a gallon of your magic water. I agree to pay all shipping and handling costs.
                Forget that. I'm going to send you a copy of my checkbook. Write down any amount and deposit them into your bank account and then wire me the difference in exchange for all of your magic water.

Comment

Where's sheldonrs when I need him to finish off a magic water joke for me?
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                    He'll pop up when it's time for the shower!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You should've taken out his appendix, just to be safe.
                      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        He'll pop up when it's time for the shower!
                        I often pop up in the shower. ;-)

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        I guess you'll just have to finish yourself off. ;-)
                        Last edited by Boozy; 02-11-2010, 05:14 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                          I don't even wanna know what she's going to be like when he starts driving or dating.
                          My sadistic mind immediately jumped to "Junior's first STD."

Mother would think the world was coming to an end
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

But then she still told me that i needed to "do something".
                            exploratory surgery anyone?

Comment

Yeah, unless you want the next words to pass from my lips to be "He's dead, Jim," I'm not going to dispense medical advice and treatment like that. That's what the in-store pharmacy is for.

"But what if the person's name isn't Jim," you may ask? Then he/she will just have to change it.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X