Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sucky Coinstar Bitch ( Lots of swearing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Coinstar Bitch ( Lots of swearing)

Well lots of swearing from her anyway.

We have a coinstar machine where I work. We have a sign on the machine that clearly states that coinstar vouchers can be cashed between 8 AM and 10 PM. If you use the machine after 10PM, you will have to wait until the next day to cash in your voucher.

Well there have been many people that have argued with this. Many claim not have seen the sign. But this one lady truly took the cake.

I was putting carts up in the lobby. I see this man and woman at the coinstar. She starts putting her change through the machine. The guy then says to her:

"Hey that sign says you can't cash coinstars after 10:00." (It was way after 10 PM)

She says: I DON"T GIVE A GODDAMN WHAT THAT SIGN SAYS!!!!!!!! THEY'RE GONNA CASH MY GODDAMN COINSTAR!!!!!!!!!

Myself, I wasn't going to say anything. I figure let management handle this.

So they come in with the coinstar. Service desk person says she can't cash it since its after 10PM. No suprise that manager had to be called up because she started bitching. Heres the exchange.

M- Manager CB- Coinstar bitch

M- Maam I'm sorry we can't cash your coinstar.

CB- Why????!!!! That's what the coinstar is there for!!!!

M- Maam there's a sign that says......

CB *cuts him off* I KNOW WHAT THE GODDAMN SIGN SAYS!!!!!!!!! WHAT FUCKING GOOD DOES IT DO TO HAVE A FUCKING COINSTAR MACHINE IF I CAN'T CAN"T CASH IN MY GODDAMN CHANGE????!!!!

M- Maam we can only cash coinstars between 8 AM and 10 PM

CB- THIS IS A BUNCH OF FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!! GODDAMMIT!!!!!

M- I'm sorry. You can cash it tomorrow after 8 AM.

Lather rinse repeat. After more screaming and swearing she finally stomped out of the store. I felt sorry for the guy she was with. How embarrassing. Sheesh
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Wow...way to make an ass of herself in public no less. Good on the manager for standing up to her.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And I'll bet you wouldn't have let her buy any GODDAMN beer or wine at 3:30 a.m. or, if the store has a bank branch in it, wouldn't have let her take out a GODDAMN Home Loan at 2:15 a.m. either!

How rude of you!

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Well, you can put Coinstar towards Paypal, and that is pretty cool. Except I'm fairly certain you can't use Paypal to buy meth. So I can see her dilemma.

Comment

Example 1,845,751,975,974 that SC's don't read signs or care what they say.

Comment

At our store they finally set it up where they can cash Coinstar at any register or at the Uscan, so we don't have that problem. Our only problem is when the machine jams on 3rd shift. The keys for it are kept in the Service Office, so we have to call the store director to come and let us in the office to get the keys, then hope that one of the few people who know how to unjam and reset the machine are there.

Comment

I don't get the whole Coinstar thing. I'm sure that it has flashy lights and all that while it counts your money, but it also charges 15%. My bank has a machine that does the same thing (sans flashy lights). All I do is take in a bag of change and a blank deposit slip, and the rest is taken care of. And no fee, either. Are the flashy lights so good that they are worth 15%?
              "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
                I don't get the whole Coinstar thing. I'm sure that it has flashy lights and all that while it counts your money, but it also charges 15%. My bank has a machine that does the same thing (sans flashy lights). All I do is take in a bag of change and a blank deposit slip, and the rest is taken care of. And no fee, either. Are the flashy lights so good that they are worth 15%?
                I love Coinstar....my bank is a small town one, so had traditional hours (so I can't always get to it) and if you get the gift cards from Coinstar, no fee! I get iTunes and BestBuy ones
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Well, you can put Coinstar towards Paypal, and that is pretty cool.

Bwa? You can, wow I feel cheated, I do not remember seeing that option in AZ.....
                  Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                  pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Not all banks offer a machine that does this. Many of the banks in my area do not. My credit union does, and I can either take the cash or make a deposit, and it is free.

When I lived in an area where NONE of the banks had a change counting machine, I had no choice but to use Coinstar. Last time was a couple of years ago, and it was only 9%. Either there are regional differences, or the price went up.

What I love about my credit union's machine is it tells me how much money I saved by not using Coinstar
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I wish my bank had a coin counting machine.

IMO, I think coinstar is only worth it if you have a whole bunch of change. If you have 5 dollars and put it in the machine it's not worth it. However if you have 50 dollars or more, then it's worth it. Even with the fee, I don't think that much is subtracted off.

I had a person bring in a coinstar for 73 cents
                      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        Not all banks offer a machine that does this. Many of the banks in my area do not.
                        None of the banks around here do. They won't accept change at all unless it's rolled.

Comment

Then there's the convenience aspect of it.

The closest branch of my bank to me is in the opposite direction of the store I do most of my shopping in. So if I'm just going shopping, and have coins, I'll toss them in the CoinStar machine rather than trying the bank.
                          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Canada

Maybe it is because I am in Canada, but my local Coin*Star is only 5%, and if it is the day before payday and you find yourself with something like $10-$20 in pennies and nickels (I take out the quarters, loonies and toonies, plus any easy to collect dimes) the machine is a god-sent. Plus it gives you another reason to clean up around the house.

Comment

My bank has a machine that does the same thing (sans flashy lights). All I do is take in a bag of change and a blank deposit slip, and the rest is taken care of. And no fee, either.
                              You're lucky in your bank. Not all banks with coin counting machines will do it free for people with an account with the bank. some of them charge 8-12% if you have an account with them and at least 15% if you don't have an account.

Comment

Working...
                              X