This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bipolar SC

This SC still has me scratching my head...

Okay, so it was really busy the other night in Malmart. Lines are moving and I notice I am running low on ones, so I put in the code for ones and put two twenties in my bag.

The lines continue and one SC's change comes out to $4.

"I'm sorry, you'll be getting your change in quarters..." Then I notice I don't have enough quarters. I honestly don't remember who was laughing or deriving amusement from this--her or her friends, but I KNOW one of them was...but then I said, "Oh, it's going to get funnier, you're going to get some dimes now."

Naturally she goes off the deep end. Ranting and raving, and gets a phone call in the midst of this, as we wait...and wait...and wait...and wait some more...for a CSM to come with my ones, as she now will not accept the small change.

"This smart-mouthed little b$@&*$....I'm going to jail tonight..." Blah blah blah is all I can hear from her.

EVENTUALLY the CSM comes with my change and I give the SC her ones. And she gets ready to leave. What does she say?

"Have a great night!" In the most chipper voice I can imagine.

I am still over this...
    Last edited by Tama; 02-14-2010, 08:04 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

I don't know what it is with people. The last time I checked, money is money no matter what denomination it comes in. People throw bitch fits over the stupidest things. *shakes head*

Comment

personaly i don't give a crap what it is, as long as it's correct change

Comment

It's no reason for SC to treat you like that. Threatening much? But I personally hate getting tons of change when I should've gotten ones. My purse isn't that big and sometimes I don't even have it. This means I don't really have a place for change.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

A couple times in the past few weeks I ended up running out of one's(it doesn't happen that often, EVER). I give people quarters, tell them to have a good day, an expect them to leave. They just stand there, confused. "I gave you $xx, I need $x for my change." And I reply "Yes, I did, in quarters. I ran out of ones."

And normally as I'm giving the change I'll say "Oh, I'm sorry, I ran out of ones." And these people tend to stare at me as I get the change, so they can see into my drawer and see I have no ones, and that I'm getting quarters.

And I know at least at my store you can get change at the service desk, so if it's such a big deal they can go get their bills up there.

Comment

I don't see how bipolar disorder fits in with this one.

Note that I am bipolar myself. Yes, there are positive and negative mood swings, sometimes severe, but these are over a period of weeks or months, not minutes.

Comment

I hate coins. I really do. Bills are dirtier but coins are just blargh. I won't take the small change back if I'm somewhere, I usually take that and put it in a donation box or I give it off to a homeless person. It's not much change but ick. @_@ If I have to get quarters instead of ones, that's fine with me. So long as I don't get pennies, it's all good. x)
              People are dunderheaded fools. I weep that Darwin's Natural Selection is frowned upon.

Comment

Coin change is perfectly fine. I don't see any problem with giving coins back if you've got a temporary shortfall of small bills.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I called her bipolar because it was WEIRD that she went from raving to chipper so quickly...
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post

Note that I am bipolar myself. Yes, there are positive and negative mood swings, sometimes severe, but these are over a period of weeks or months, not minutes.
                    Rapid cycling bipolar is much faster. Try to imagine yourself like a tennis ball getting slammed back and forth. It's not that fast consistently, but it can be (thus why it is extremely difficult to diagnose and requires well over a year's worth of charts of every mood swing, generally). But I'll agree that it doesn't seem to fit here - SC was just being a jerk.

Comment

jsut a toss in to clarify so noone gets hurt feelings, bipolar defines as anything that fluctuates between two extremes or has two opposing ends. it is is not just a name for a mental condition.
                      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

That is what I meant. I didn't mean to offend anyone that might have it, I just chose it because she went from one pole to the other within a few seconds.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

maybe rapid cycling and maybe just a raging assclown; either way, sounds like an anger management seminar would work for her (and valium).
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post

You say that.... but my daughter's bipolar, and with her, it's minutes. Sometimes SECONDS.
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                            X