This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't have it!

A woman came in tonight with a battery for a home phone, saying it died and she needed a new one, and she bought the phone at my store. No mention of when this phone was purchased however.

I go over and look at the batteries we have. We didn't seem to have the battery she had. Not even a spot for it.

I go back over and tell her that we don't have the battery for her phone, sorry.

Instead of saying something like "Oh, ok. Thank you for checking. Do you know where I could go to get a replacement battery?" she proceeded to stare at me open mouthed, then say "But I bought the phone here!"

Yeah that's great, but we don't carry all batteries for all phones we've ever sold ever. I can't pull it out of my butt, it is not here.

She said that she bought the phone here a few more times. She couldn't seem to understand that it didn't make a difference.

I suggested she try Radio Shack and she left sort of huffy.

When the number of choices got up to about 15 different batteries five or six years ago my hardware store just gave up and stopped selling them altogether.
    The (Chicken) Shack is as good a choice as any.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
      When the number of choices got up to about 15 different batteries five or six years ago my hardware store just gave up and stopped selling them altogether.
      The (Chicken) Shack is as good a choice as any.
      They could also try a (if you have one in your area) Batteries Plus. They seem to have a sufficient selection of batteries of all types from car to phone (cell and home) to computer to camera to regular.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        They could also try a (if you have one in your area) Batteries Plus. They seem to have a sufficient selection of batteries of all types from car to phone (cell and home) to computer to camera to regular.
        Batteries plus has come to my rescue many a time. As a geek, I have a bajillion battery op devices that have to be replaced regularly, and finding the battery I needed has been nothing short of a miracle some times.
        Coworker: Distro of choice?
        Me: Gentoo.
        Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Does this woman realize that there are approximately one gazillion batteries out there right now. Nobody can stock them all. It's not your responsibility as a store to stock and service everything that you have ever sold. Oh wait, SC logic in play here, yes it is, now you have to magically make something you don't have appear out of thin air.
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            Seconded. I just went there a couple of weeks ago for a new battery for my brother's watch, which I took with me (the watch) so I could get the correct one. I also inquired about a replacement battery for Gypsy, which is going to cost me . . . $149.00. Oh well, at least I know I can get one and can budget for that this coming summer (which by that time she'll probably be ready for a new one.)

Same thing with the cordless phone (also my brother's, who will use what he's got rather than pick out a new phone.) I take the handset in so I can get the right one for that particular phone.

If there's one in your area, they are the place to go. They know their stuff and the service is very good.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

She should get together with this guy.

http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=59518

Comment

So many times i have wanted to say to customers where i work if they don't accept that we don't have what they want, "DEAL WITH IT AND COME BACK WHEN WE DO HAVE IT!!!!"

Comment

She could also have tried Amazon. That's where I went when I couldn't find a replacement filter for my vacuum cleaner in local stores.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X