Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love it when customers actually prove themselves wrong!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it when customers actually prove themselves wrong!

Had a couple come through my self check out line tonight, with a pull tag for a table set, which they scanned, and asked me why it rang up at what it rang up. I let them know that once they scanned their shopper card, and hit pay now, it would take off all applicable discounts.
    They hit pay now, and the table comes down to just under $200, and they get angry, "It's supposed to be $150... do you have this week's ad?"
    I go grab one and flip through it, finding nothing on tables on sale. They go and grab the other part of the ad, and the guy of the couple finds the table they'd wanted, but it's advertised as $199. He tells his wife, and they decide not to get it just now, can I void their purchase? "Yes." I hardly had to say anything to fix that mistake, it was awesome.
    "I call murder on that!"

i'm surprised it ended with that. Usually my customers then claim that it was a totally different ad that i just don't have and that it should be marked down immediately because it's not their fault that I don't have the ad that they saw, etc, blah blah blah.

Comment

That, or they didn't figure the tax into it. Had that one happen a bit too often for comfort...
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Or they just knew it was in the ad somewhere, but they can't find it.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          Or they just knew it was in the ad somewhere, but they can't find it.
          Or it could have been that they saw one in an ad for a competitor and thought they could get the same deal at your store.

Either way, it's SC logic at it's best (or worst, whichever way you prefer to look at it.)
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X