Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first complaint... (We talk about this happening)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first complaint... (We talk about this happening)

So we have these nice 30 dollar rings by my till. People try them on, one woman forgot to take hers back OFF, so I make a habit of saying "Dont forget to put it back, now!" in joking tones.

Well, bad idea. One woman said it was VERY RUDE.

So I go quiet, finishing the transaction.

I hand her her stuff and in my usual cheerful (sometimes over cheerful) way say "Have a GOOD NIGHT MA'AM!"

She said something about 'doing murder this night' as she glared at me. I kind of tried to backpedal but she wouldnt' listen,a nd walked out, muttering about complaining to the manager.

I talked to my coworkers though, including one of the supervisors, who said the Managers (who are incredibly cool) will just listen and not do anything to me, maybe just a 'careful what you say!" reminder but that's it.

I do have to wonder how she'll complain about me, since the lat week or so I've misplaced my name tag....
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Wow, a simple reminder to a lady who was about to shoplift is enough for her to ponder murder?

Here's to hoping that she never breeds.

Comment

'oh noes, i was gonna take that, but you caught me.' *self rightgeous indignation* 'how DARE you insinuate that i'm a lowlife? you should die for that!'

get help; get LOTS of help. i wonder how self rightgeous she would have continued to be if you had to go over there and explain what happened. oops, self rightgeousness flies out the door and the scum runs away.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Well, I dunno if she was gonna SHOPLIFT. I mean, the rings are right there and I dont mind you slipping it on to see if it fits or not before buying it (There's only one of each typ eof ring). But people literally forget to take them OFF.

But I'm not worried. I WAS pretty pissed at her though. Almost crying. Dunno if I was panicked or pissed.

Comment

Even if she just spaced it, threatening murder was not the proper reaction. Anything ranging from a "Oh! Thanks! I almost forgot! Gee, that woulda been embarrassing, huh?" to "Yep, thanks, I know" Would have been acceptable.

Comment

No good deed remains unpunished. If only you had known what her reaction would've been, you could've let her get busted for shoplifting (intentional or not).
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Since we don't have shopping baskets of any kind sometimes people wind up with several items and wind up sticking a movie under their arm- then forgetting about it. When they put their items on the counter I'll point and ask, "Did you want that one to?" 9 times out of 10 they'll look at me and say, "Huh?" then look down and go, "OH! I totally forgot! Sorry!"

Fortunately, I've never had anyone threaten to kill me over it.

No decent manager would bend for someone who said that to their employee.
              Period.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

Uh, she didnt threaten to kill me over it, she said 'You're just going to perform murder tonight aren't you?" I guess she meant I was digging myself in deeper.

Comment

Ah.....gotcha. The way you'd phrased it, "She said something about 'doing murder this night' as she glared at me." seemed a little

Comment

The percentage of psychopaths in the customer world is rising fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X