This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ain't disrespectin yo bidness

Our hotel only offers two different kinds of rates. Rack, the most expensive, and discounted which includes AARP, corporate, military… whatever. Sometimes people, businesses usually, can get a Contract rate, but this requires a manager and... well.. a contract… This does turn away some business but honestly, our rooms are pretty awesome and most of our customers are weekday business travelers who aren’t paying for their rooms anyway.

Then there are the weekend people, like the redneck I had tonight. Every once in awhile we get someone who feels their combination of wit and charisma is enough to break my icy demeanor and give them the “real” discount” While there are some times when I want to give a lower rate, I really can’t. Our owners are real bottom line types who want to squeeze every penny out of this place they can. A rate lower then 90 bucks would give them a hemorrhage. It’s nothing personal, I just don’t want to lose my job over it. That makes the following conversation inevitable.

Me:
    ROV: Redneck on Vacation

ROV: (walks in and tosses about $75 on the counter) I’d like a king size room.
    Me: Sure, we have plenty of those, the rate is going to be $104 plus tax.
    ROV: I don’t want to pay that much for a hotel room.
    Me: Ok, well, let me give you the discounted rate of $93.30 plus tax.
    ROV: Nah, I just want to pay with the money I’ve got here (Smile)
    Me: Sorry man, those are the only two rates we offer.
    ROV: I got a landscapin’ bidness, ain’t that good enough for a corporate rate?
    Me: Sure it is, but it’s the same as the discounted rate, $93.30.
    ROV: I know you can enter smaller rates in that computer thar…
    Me: It isn’t that simple…
    ROV: Ain’t my money good enough?
    Me: Sure it is, but these are the only two rates we have, you can take it or leave it (I probably shouldn’t have said this last part, but there was a hockey game on and I wanted this asshole out of here).
    ROV: (getting mad)What would you say if I took my bidness elsewheres?
    Me: I’d say the best way to get there would be to make a right out of our parking lot, the Best Western will be down the street on your left.
    ROV: (pissed and leaving) Why you disrespectin my bidness?
    Me:

What sucks is i'm sure the Best Western fell for his trick.

And I'm sure they had to fumigate his room afterwards...Sounds like a win-win to me

PS: Damn my avatar is WAYYY to pretty :P
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

There's a very upscale (I know, that sounds funny, an upscale hotel in the middle of broke down redneckville usa, but bear with me) hotel not too far from where I live. For the brief time I was involved with the cult (aka, Mary Kay), we had our weekly meetings at this hotel.

My very first meeting, I wasn't sure which room to go in. I went to ask the concierge but I had to wait behind this awful man and his even more awful wife (to put it nicely, they have a blackbelt in white trash) arguing with the concierge about the price of their hotel room. They claimed they were to get a discount because their friend was one of the maids and she says friends and family get a discount, blah blah blah, more hear-say bs........thankfully, they left when they finally accepted "NO" as an answer. I'm sure family and friends may get a discount...if they conduct themselves properly in public. That concierge was quite sexy as well...mmmm...anywho..
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And don't even get me started on the "friends & family" types...

Mrs. Rude is Exec Housekeeper at a 500+ room hotel here...I've heard a few stories about asshats that have stayed on that rate. Needless to say, they aren't allowed back

Not that all friends & family are dickheads...But there have been more than a few SC types...
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
          And don't even get me started on the "friends & family" types...

Not that all friends & family are dickheads...But there have been more than a few SC types...
          Ugh, I posted about those types a while back, my mom works at the arena also in the owner's private suite. One family is notorious for bringing in SCs and I have actually suggested to my mom that they have their privileges revoked for many reasons. They haven't yet but the reason being is that the owner they are related too is dead and they do it out of respect my mom knows for a fact that he wouldn't allow such a thing if he knew this was going on.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Lord I hate the term "disrespecting". I refuse to refer to it as a word. ><

I have never heard anyone with an IQ above that of a Mr Noodle beef flavour packet use the term disrespecting in conversation.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Lord I hate the term "disrespecting". I refuse to refer to it as a word. ><

I have never heard anyone with an IQ above that of a Mr Noodle beef flavour packet use the term disrespecting in conversation.
              Seconded. Well, I would have 'firsted' it had I got here sooner

As gerunds go, it's vile. It also misses the point that someone using it doesn't realise that respect is earned.

Rapscallion

Comment

You know, I'm not entirely sure Rap but I think we're "Playa hatin'"

Comment

Depends on the 'playa' (another offensive phrase)...

Rapscallion

Comment

I don't think I'm cool enough to talk like that. =(

Comment

From much experience, I can tell you that people who throw around the word "disrespecting" or "disrespect" or any derivative of the word has NO clue what the word means.

Slightly OT - my ex-husband threw that word around like there was no tomorrow. He demanded respect from anyone that he crossed paths with. However, he is one that never realized that respect, like money, is something you have to earn.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                          You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
                          "He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post

ROV: Ain’t my money good enough?
                            Sir, It's not the quality of your money that's a problem. It's the quantity.
                            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Hah. Most people who complain about being "disrespected" wouldn't know what respect was if it ran up and bit them on the ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X