Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I spent all my money. Can I have some more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent all my money. Can I have some more?

Okay so I rarely ever post on here but this little gem of a lady happened to cross my path today.

Background: I work for a credit card processor on the merchant side..meaning I provide terminals and customer service for various stores and barely ever deal with actual customers. Anywhoo...

We get a lady calling in this morning who was referred to us by one of our clients who obviously just didn't want to deal with her.

She claims that she bought a parking pass from them and that it resulted in her bank account being overdrawn and she'd like to know about being reimbursed for the overdraft fees. Now this is a somewhat normal occurence in my office as sometimes computers have hiccups and something goes wrong with the transaction.

But....

Was she overcharged? No.

Was she double charged? No.

Was the transaction fraudulent? No.

She just expected money back from us because she spent all of hers.

And this is my problem why?

Wait wait it gets better...

My boss is actually going to give her the money.
    www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Quoth Rubyred View Post
    Wait, why?

Comment

Quoth Rubyred View Post

If he is giving out free money, then have him send some my way. I could always use some more.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Send some this way too. I could use a bit extra to um, pay bills, get the car fixed, *cough*throw CS party*cough*...
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Ciarrai View Post
          Wait, why?
          It's obvious: he's a spineless jellyfish who regularly gets beat up by little old ladies!
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
            It's obvious: he's a spineless jellyfish
            hey now I happen to like jellyfish-soo cute and squiggly-I really like the glowy ones...

BlaqueKatt-who wants a pet jellyfish-badly
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Hey! I want some free money too! I spent all of mine buying Christmas gifts!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Okay...it gets better...

She sent us her bank statements as proof that she was overdrawn. Now not only does she want us to pay her fees from the transaction that went through one of our customers she wants us to pay another one as well.

Needless to say...I personally am making sure that she only gets one..at most.

PS..No my boss is not a spineless jellyfish...he usually doesn't take this kind of crap...I guess he's just feeling generous because it's so close to the holidays and he assumes that if she's that desperate to get money back then she obviously needs it. So I guess he's just being nice.

PSS...If anyone is getting free money I get first dibs.

Comment

I don't know what I find more mind boggling--the thought that someone actually thought of that, or the fact that she WILL be getting money.

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ah! And this brings up a very old story from Chesterfield, and I know this because the assistant manager at the time was Homophobe, and I remember that particularly well.

So, a few years after I started working at Chesterfield, we were forced to start upselling Entertainment Weekly trials (yes, like Best Buy does). Middle of summer one day, a girl suddenly walks right into the store, beelines right to the register, where Homophobe and I were hanging out, having completed our tasks (alright, my tasks) for the day. No one else in the store.

M=Me, your friendly neighborhood Juwl
                    IG= Irate Girl

M: How may I help you today?
                    IG: Okay, my friend has been getting the EW offer... but she did it on my credit card, and I've now been hit for $120 in overdraft fees. *waits expectantly*
                    M: Okay... And?
                    IG: I want that money back.
                    M: The EW offer is a freebie, so, you mean the overdraft fees?
                    IG: Yes.
                    M: I'm afraid we're not your credit card company, if you call or visit them, and explain your situation, they might be willing to waive the fees, if it's the first time you've ever asked them to do so.
                    IG: No, I need the subscription canceled.
                    M: Ah, see, that's not what you just said... *reach over, grab EW brochure, rip off part, place on counter, underline phone number to call to cancel*
                    IG: Can't you do it?
                    M: Not without knowing your account number, no.
                    IG: *takes the brochure and wanders out of the store, cellphone in her hand already*
                    I look at Homophobe and shake my head.

About ten minutes later, IG walks back in.
                    IG: They're closed!
                    M: *blink* Um... okay... they shouldn't be, it's Wednesday (I think...)
                    IG: The hurricane?
                    M: Oh, they're in Florida, then? Yeah, I guess that'd be a good reason for the company to be closed for a while.
                    IG: What're you going to do about this?
                    M: Again, as we are not your accrediting institution, I can do nothing about the overdraft fees, however, there is also an email address you can write to, plead your case, and perhaps they can fix it. But, I'm confused, how did your friend get your credit card?
                    IG: I let her use it, and I was standing right here when she checked out.
                    M: *blink, blink* So, you saw her fill out the info for Entertainment Weekly?
                    IG: Yup.
                    M: And you didn't get suspicious right then?
                    IG: ...no...
                    M: Again, talk to the company that gave you your credit card.

IG leaves again.
                    M *to myself*: So, what you're saying is, you signed up for the EW offer, and didn't listen to my spiel about the charges, and it's affecting your credit/debit account, and are now trying to defraud us into paying off your card?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

i'm using my fortune telling powers, and they say:

kooky woman will try this again and again...

boss opened can of worms.

seriously, what did he expect; that she'd be grateful and understand that it was a one time deal? not likely...
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        boss opened can of worms.

seriously, what did he expect; that she'd be grateful and understand that it was a one time deal? not likely...
                        Yes, yes he did. Now she will tell her friends, and her friends will tell their friends and so on and so on . . . "Hey, this guy is giving out free money!"

Did the boss at least say it was a one time thing?
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Nope. he just said he'd send her a check.

Comment

Working...
                          X