This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was just a slip of the tongue...honest

We all know this time of year creates a feeling of insanity in retail workers. You're never quite sure if you're working in a store or an insane asylum. Well, last night was no exception.

I was covering for the Jewelry Diva's break and received a call that there were several customers waiting for assistance at the jewelry counter. As I approached I could see at least 6 people staring into the cases at all the pretty, shiney objects.

My first question was, "Who was here first?"

SC's:

So, I just approached the closest one and began helping her. In the meantime, one woman is asking questions in one ear and another begins bugging me with questions in my other ear. I excused myself for a moment and made a quick call back to my dept to ask one of my co-workers to please come up and offer assistance.

Me on the phone: (with that feeling of being in an insane asylum) "Hi Chelsea, this is Retail Associate. I'm bombarded up here at jewelry. Would one of you please come up and help with the patients?"

You should have seen the look on the pati...I mean, customers' faces.

Last edited by Retail Associate; 12-18-2006, 07:26 PM.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Hehehehe, that's funny!
    I was serving at the checkout once and I was thinking about my boyfriend, whom I always say,"Hi honey" to (it's always in a joking way, we sort of shout it to each other!). Anyway, this couple in their 30s or 40s comes up and instead of greeting them with my usual,"Hi", I said,"Hi honey". Imagine some random chick half your age saying,"Hi honey" to you and your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend when she went to serve them
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

RA, that's hilarious!!!!!!!

I probably would've said the same thing.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
        Imagine some random chick half your age saying,"Hi honey" to you and your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend when she went to serve them
        Usual response in my family would be to turn to whomever is out shopping with us, and point out, "Hey, she called me 'honey'!"
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've many times barely stopped myself from calling them "contestants".
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
          X