This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad parents

This is my first time starting a thread here I mostly lurk but this incident I had to post about. The breakroom at my job is right across from the public restrooms. I finished my lunch and walked into the hall to be smacked with the worst smell ever. All the associates are responsible for cleaning the bathrooms so I went and checked the womens room and it was fine. I went to check the men's room and felt sick the smell was so bad. A little boy had diarrhea all over himself, his clothes and our bathroom. Kid was no older then 5. I heard the mom and dad arguing about it and Dad said "This the second day of this."

Okay if your young child is sick and you know it why can't one of you stay home and take care of him???? I work at a flipping craft store pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks and glitter are not vital to anyones survival they can all wait to be purchased. The parents did a real half assed job cleaning up and one of the other DM's finished after they left. It just ticked me right off to have to deal with some other persons sick kid. I felt really bad for the little guy too. It's not his fault his parents are more concerned with spending money then his health.

-Sarah

I was out to eat with my Mom one night, and the people seated across the table from us had a little girl about, well maybe not quite two years old. At first I thought she was just blowing rasberries and being silly, until she started coughing and sneezing really bad. Hence, blowing rasberries because she was so congested. And she looked absolutely miserable They're all sitting there, talking amongst themselves about how they just can't figure out why she's not getting better! Well . . . try not taking her out after dark and going out in the night air, for one. I dunno, it just left me really peeved at the selfishness of people. And it was a Saturday night, so I was hoping that they had the sense to take her to an ER if she continued barking and grabbing her ears like that. Ear infections ain't nothing to mess around with.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

And what, exactly, does a craft store offer that is so necessary that one thinks nothing of bringing an obviously sick child there?

I could understand if they had just come from the doctor and were picking up the child's prescription, but this is just a case of the parents being selfish.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What's vital at a craft store? Why we've got scrapbooking paper! You can't survive without scrapbooking paper.

I figure since it's a craft store people think they have to be creative with how they clean up after themselves. We had someone do something similar over the weekend. Is it bad to pretend I didn't see it? Probably. But the only crap I can be near without puking is the sort my children create, and that's not always the case (especially if it's from sickness).

There are times when there are screaming frantic obviously horribly miserable children and you want to shout..."ATTENTION STEP AWAY FROM THE CRAFT SUPPLIES"...

Perhaps there is some sort of home remedy that involves the craft sticks. Or maybe glitter glue. I'm certain foamies have some sort of healing factors.
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I'm telling you, it's all about the healing pinking shears. However, they wear out after healing one illness, so you always have to get more.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bitsyww2 View Post
            A little boy had diarrhea all over himself, his clothes and our bathroom. Kid was no older then 5. I heard the mom and dad arguing about it and Dad said "This the second day of this."
            2 days of diarrhea and they hadn't pondered calling the pediatrician? What the frack?

Comment

I went to an SCA event once where there was a sick little girl in the ladies lounge. Apparently, the event was SOOOOO important that Mom just HAD to be there, and brought this poor sick child there to be miserable in the ladie's changing room all day long. Most of my household where there, booked to play music at a ladies' tea.

Which was also very nice for everyone trying to use the lounge and not be exposed to a stomach flu.

The idiot mom was apparently working in the kitchen.

Yeah. With our suppers.

Okay, first off, I don't care WHAT I had signed up to do. My child comes first. This is why I dont' volunteer for anything anymore. Because I will blow it off if my child needs me to stay home and take care of her. Secondly, do we all really need to be exposed to this?

Interestingly, and predictably, 24 hours later half my household and I were lying on our respective bathroom floors puking our guts out and half crazy with fever.

I was livid for two reasons:

1. That was pretty much a very avoidable situation. I'm sure my band was not the only bunch felled by this.

2. Knowing how awful that poor child felt firsthand, it made me even madder that her idiot mom had taken her out and left her alone all day.

I swear, I don't know what it is about the SCA that turns some of these people into Parents of the Year. Most of the SCA kids I know are GREAT. And their parents are great, too. But the ones that aren't REALLY aren't.

Comment

A while ago, I was working in burger king, a woman came up and told me her son had been sick, could I come and clean it. Okay, not pleasant, but yes it was part of my job,so I go get the 'sick kit',met the parent and start cleaning. I happened to ask where the boy was (expecting to be told that he was in the toilet being cleaned up by his dad) and the woman pointed to a child in the ball pond, running and jumping like there was no tomorrow. 'He's feeling better' his mum said.

fair enough, but I was just waiting for an irrate parent hauling a child out of the play area covered in vomit, or me having to clean the whole play area (which happened to someone else when a child had diahrroea in there, the ball pit had to be emptied, the whole thing disinfected, a horrific job)
                "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  I went to an SCA event once where there was a sick little girl in the ladies lounge. Apparently, the event was SOOOOO important that Mom just HAD to be there, and brought this poor sick child there to be miserable in the ladie's changing room all day long. Most of my household where there, booked to play music at a ladies' tea.
                  That poor little child. I've had the stomach flu before as well (although I'm not quite sure how I caught it). And the last place you would want to be is somewhere public (well, even if you're sick at all). I hope the mom understood what she put her daughter through.
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

fair enough, but I was just waiting for an irrate parent hauling a child out of the play area covered in vomit, or me having to clean the whole play area (which happened to someone else when a child had diahrroea in there, the ball pit had to be emptied, the whole thing disinfected, a horrific job)
                    I used to love the ball pits when I was a child. Another fond childhood memory destroyed.

It's a good thing they at least told you it happened. I've heard there can be stuff like syringes and rotting food in those things. When I have kids, I don't think I will let them play in ball pits.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth bitsyww2 View Post
                      A little boy had diarrhea all over himself, his clothes and our bathroom.
                      It is for PRECISELY this reason that at my previous job, we did not allow ANYONE to use our bathrooms aside from employees and VIPs. If anyone balked, we'd lie and say we didn't have one and send them to the Dunkin Donuts.

Apparently what happened (before I started working there) was some kid (mid-teens) was in the store and had an unexpected bout of diarrhea. He asked for and got permission to use the bathroom, but didn't make it in time, and proceeded to defecate AND urinate on the bathroom floor, then was too embarassed to admit it, so the next person to go back there nearly went through the roof, as did the Boss.

Shortly thereafter, a sign went right in the door that said NO PUBLIC BATHROOMS!!!!!!
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        I'm telling you, it's all about the healing pinking shears. However, they wear out after healing one illness, so you always have to get more.
                        So that's what I missed out on, as I had the kind of mom would would *gasp* keep me at HOME and away from everybody instead of taking me to the Altar of the Healing Pinking Shears.

I'm so going to sue.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                          2 days of diarrhea and they hadn't pondered calling the pediatrician? What the frack?
                          Maybe that's what the parents were arguing about - the dad couldn't believe that the mom didn't do anything for it and it was the second day.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Okay, I have a story like this from my youth.

My family and I were planning a trip to Sea World for like a week or so. My brother and I were all SUPER excited! Bouncing off walls. Then...

My little brother came down with Mono. He was SICK!!! Sick!

But, me, my mom and dad weren't. Little brother still wanted to go - REALLY wanted to go. So did I.

So, we went. My little brother made it for a little while. But, soon, he got really sleepy and my dad ended up carrying him around for awhile and then we had to leave...early. I was bummed, of course, I felt just fine! My little brother on the other hand, sleeping like a baby, sick with mono, in my dad's arms.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't understand why one parent couldn't stay home with the sick child? There's no way I'd take my kids out if they were sick unless I absolutely had to!

Comment

Working...
                              X