This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on what?

a couple from tonight. or last night, I can't remember.

(background: answer phones late night pizza place)

first:

me: What is your address?
    customer: 123 Xyz St. What comes on that?
    me: On Xyz St?
    customer: No! On your special!!!!

second:

me: What would you like?
    customer: I want everything on it!
    me: On what?
    customer: **crap I can't remember what the customer said**

side note:

I hate people who say they want EVERYTHING. Our most popular special (large 1-topping, bread sticks & two drinks) is $10.99. Out of curiosity once, I typed in every available topping. Each extra topping is $1.50, so the total ended up being $40.99! Yeah, you sure you want EVERYTHING?
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

next time someone wants everything on their pizza, ask them if that's with or without the mop bucket
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
      next time someone wants everything on their pizza, ask them if that's with or without the mop bucket
      thanks for causing me to spit out my coffee laughing.
      Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Ugh. Idiots who ask for everything. When I ran a Subway, they'd sit and LOOK at all the ingredients and WHILE LOOKING RIGHT AT THEM tell us they wanted everything. And yet on about 4-5 items you'd reach for it and they'd panic 'oh no, none of those!'

Well, you dont effing want everything, then, do you??

Comment

I recall hearing about someone who decided to keep track of what "everything" meant at various places. Sometimes they will stop and ask "do you want hot peppers?" after you say "everything". Sometimes "do you want cheese". Etc. Personally, even if I know that they double check certain items (i.e. the hot peppers or the cheese) I make sure to specify that I don't want those when I say "everything", just in case.

As a related question: what would you say is the most number of items you can exclude from "everything" before you ought to list what you do want instead?

Comment

Someone who has everything MUST, by inclusion, have NOTHING, as well.
            Try telling people that, watch their minds explode.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I normally ask them to drag it through the garden (i.e pile on the veggies!)
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                As a related question: what would you say is the most number of items you can exclude from "everything" before you ought to list what you do want instead?
                That depends on how many items are available. And what kinds of items they are.

See, if you only don't want a few things, and there are a dozen to choose from, then you say, "everything but X, Y, and Z." But if there are a dozen and you only want half of them, then you should list it out.

I find with Subway, as an example, it's easiest to just tell them what to add as they go down the line. And for pizza, unless I order some sort of supreme or ultimate what have you that's on the menu, I mention every topping separately. Then again, I usually order online, so it's just a matter of clicking check boxes.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My unfavorite Subway asks me, after ording a steak and cheese, if I want cheese on it. Not extra cheese, the cheese that's explicitly requested in the bloody name of the sandwich.
                  ludo ergo sum

Comment

They only ask that because there are people who get it made and then bitch about there being cheese... or it being the wrong cheese.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'd be kind of tempted to just ring up their order with 'everything' on it and then watch their heads explode when you give them their grand total of $40+. I'd bet they'd be more careful next time.
                      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                      -Red

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Someone who has everything MUST, by inclusion, have NOTHING, as well.
                        Try telling people that, watch their minds explode.
                        That reminds me of a multiple choice test I once took...

??

A. blah
                        B. blah
                        C. none of the above
                        D. all of the above
                        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                          Ugh. Idiots who ask for everything. When I ran a Subway, they'd sit and LOOK at all the ingredients and WHILE LOOKING RIGHT AT THEM tell us they wanted everything. And yet on about 4-5 items you'd reach for it and they'd panic 'oh no, none of those!'
                          My local subway has a sign that says "ask for the lot" and has a picture of all the different salad ingredients.
                          I couldn't work out why everytime I asked for the lot I never got jalapenos. turns out that despite their being a picture of the jalapenos on their sign there's also a little line of text at the bottom that says: "jalapenos not included in "the lot""

Ok fair enough I didn't read the fine print but why put a picture of them on the sign in the first place. Its not like the fine print was added later, it was all part of the same adevert
                          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                            I recall hearing about someone who decided to keep track of what "everything" meant at various places. Sometimes they will stop and ask "do you want hot peppers?"
                            Slightly OT, but my parents once ordered peppers and onions on the pizza, and when they started eating, they realized they were pickled peppers. My mom called the place back and told them, and they couldn't believe it. They brought out a new pizza and a free order of wings, to boot.

And now I'm looking forward to house-sitting next month because I can order pizza from there.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The everything orders are probably the most frustrating, cause I know they really don't want everything. We have things like spinach, jalapeno peppers, and feta cheese, that would make most of the people in the area that I live in throw a fit. I've got into the habit of telling people we can't do everything they have to tell us what they want on it, so we can ensure the maximum satisfaction out of their pizza. Yeah sounds stupid, but most customers eat it up like crack laced candy.

Plus its frustrating when after you force their hands, and they tell you what they want on it, it ends up being three toppings.

Comment

Working...
                              X