Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really need the dime that badly?

I've been lurking on the site for a while now, and I finally have something that I want to share.

I work in a popular grocery store chain, and I get my share of sucky customers. I had a couple go through my till the other day, buying nearly $200 worth of groceries. You could tell they had money, yet they were pretty cheap with it, apparently. I rang in a bunch of celery, at $1.98. The wife made a big fuss over the fact that the sign said it was ONLY $1.88. We have a policy at our store, which states that they now get this item for free, because the posted price was lower than the scanned price.

I was tempted to tell the lady that I would give her the bloody dime out of my own pocket if she needed it so badly! Yeesh!
    God must really like stupid people; he made so many!

she made a fuss, but was a price check done to confirm her 'finding?' it seems, at least with the stories posted here, that the louder they scream, the more likely they are to be wrong, and when proven wrong, they stay away for awhile or 'behave' themselves for a blessed period of time (usually short).

i hate people like that; it's a penny/nickel/dime; unless you're on an extremely tight budget, raising a fit is foolish, just pay it and be on your way.

cheapskates, can't love 'em, can't kill 'em either; what's a poor retail slave to do??
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Heard the story of a lady who called a price check over a penny. Time passes, line forms. She was right, and got her penny... or would have, except that it dropped down one of the cracks in the register/belt area.

Her response? "Oh, don't worry about it. It's only a penny."

Comment

Gurndigarn, don't you know that it's the PRINCIPLE of the thing?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X