This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discounts...

Over the summer, I work weekends for a family friend at a Farmers Market. Farmers Markets, at least here, are basically a bunch of people who make or grow stuff within a certain range of the marker and sell it.

The booth I work at sells wood stuff. Cutting boards, Coasters, Stir sticks (basically spatulas) and some jewelry.

Local people who come to buy stuff are usually great, I just have the most problem with tourists.

One guy a few years ago, try to get a discount. He talks with my boss, who never appreciates this. She got kinda nasty.

So what does he do? Talks to me. I was on 'break' and eating.

SC: So... You like your boss?
    Me: Yeah...
    SC: Your customers?

Oh. I see where this is going.

Me: Yes. but not as much as I like my job.

My boss tries her best not to laugh. She doesn't normally encourage me to harass people, but she decided to let it slide.
    "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Farmers market =/= flea market
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Perfect response. Im not sure why that guy would have thought you'd side with him over ur job. Lol.

Comment

Heh heh! Nice!
        I don't thing a flip reply constitutes harrassment, though. Someone trying to niggle with a vendor after being informed that the practice isn't welcome warrents a bit of pithiness, imho.

Comment

Working...
        X