This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of cheese . . .

Yesterday was sheer chaos, as Christmas comes closer and you can imagine the hell it is in grocery stores. The Kitty is no exception.

While most transactions go off without a hitch, I had two full buggies of stuff to send back because the trasnactions wouldn't complete.

First one: Lady came through (I was on an end register) with a huge buggy of stuff - typical order for Christmas dinner (ham, potatoes, fixings, baking stuff, etc) Total came to over $125 after store discount card was scanned.

The register wouldn't accept her check. I had to call Madame Fifi (the young CSR who just had her hair done in a wild pouffy mess reminiscent of Beyonce in the last Austin Powers movie) to assist. The check was declined due to license number being on the negative file (meaning someone on the account wrote a bad check.) License number that showed was the woman's husband's number (joint account.)

The lady was not pleased by finding this out. She commented that she was going to kill him. We apologized, as she very well may not have known that there was a bad check on the account.

Madame Fifi suggested she make sure there were NO witnesses when she killed the hubby. I suggested pleading self-defense, the woman said she may use the temporary insanity defense (which could work knowing our state.) I really felt bad for her .. . . but I'm sure hubby has some 'splaning to do

Second one: I was on a different register and about 1/2 hour before I was to leave. Woman comes through w/large order and proceeds to use a credit card.

Credit card was declined due to insufficient funds. I once again call Madame Fifi, who quickly came and tried to explain to the customer that the card was declined.

Customer didn't want to accept it (not surprising.) Customer stated she didn't know there was a limit on the card (dur?? There's a limit on a credit card, for crying out loud.) She kept arguing that she hadn't used her card much, yadda yadda.

I stepped in (yes, a mere cashier such as I would dare, especially when my line is getting longer and longer and people are growing more impatient) and told her point blank "Ma'am, that's something you'll have to discuss with the bank that issued the credit card. We cannot override the computer."

Fifi asked her if she had another way to pay, such as a debit card, or cash or another credit card. Customer stated she didn't and still wanted to argue over not knowing the limit on her card (that's a personal problem IMO.) Fifi voided off the order, I wrote on the ticket the reason and stashed in the drawer and started with the next order.

Geez, people, please try to make sure you have funds before you shop. It'll make your checkout experience a bit more pleasant and smooth.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Huh? What did I do?

Comment

Mom and I went into a grocery store today, she shopped, I pushed the cart. I swear, the number of times someone almost rammed their cart into mine was staggering. And then, there were the people who'd park their cart, go down the aisle a ways, and someone else would come down the aisle toward us, and stop their cart right next to the first. "Hello, dumbass, now you're just blocking traffic. Move your damn cart or get run over!"
      I tried, as best I could, to get my cart over to one side or the other, as close to the shelf as I could. And I paid attention to other people who might be coming toward me. Of course, driving a car and driving a cart have only one thing in difference to me.
      An extra letter.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

the first one wasn't an SC, thats just life, but the second one......How dumb do you have to be, not to know how a credit card works?

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
          the first one wasn't an SC, thats just life, but the second one......How dumb do you have to be, not to know how a credit card works?
          That's what I was thinking. Not only that, but I wonder if she knows that she actually has to pay the credit card back each month!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
            Huh? What did I do?
            I think you got loved.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Mom and I went into a grocery store today, she shopped, I pushed the cart. I swear, the number of times someone almost rammed their cart into mine was staggering. And then, there were the people who'd park their cart, go down the aisle a ways, and someone else would come down the aisle toward us, and stop their cart right next to the first. "Hello, dumbass, now you're just blocking traffic. Move your damn cart or get run over!"
              I tried, as best I could, to get my cart over to one side or the other, as close to the shelf as I could. And I paid attention to other people who might be coming toward me. Of course, driving a car and driving a cart have only one thing in difference to me.
              An extra letter.
              Ugh! this drives me crazy.I'm one of those let's get the shopping done and get out of here types too. Of course when you say "excuse me" as you try to get through 3 carts all parked in such a way no one can get through, they have to turn and give you a nasty look.
              http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                That's what I was thinking. Not only that, but I wonder if she knows that she actually has to pay the credit card back each month!
                Would certainly explain why the card didn't work anymore, even if she *did* only use it a few times.
                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                X