Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular customer pissed me off (some profanity)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular customer pissed me off (some profanity)

I was putting away some of the wares on the shelves at my store where a regular comes up and with no warning spanks me hard on the ass and walks away. I storm up to her and say "Don't ever do that again. It pisses me off and makes me want to kill the person." I don't care how rude I was it doesn't even begin to explain how I was feeling. It hurt but that wasn't the point. I thought about giving her an explanation as to why I was pissed at that but there is no need. She was flat out out of line. I don't care how much apologizing she did afterwards I will never speak to her again at the store. And I'm a bit glad she didn't complain about the way I spoke because although she was outta line the company has me on thin ice. And if they said anything to me about it I would've walked the hell out. I am not paid to take that kind of abuse, noone is. Shes lucky I didn't have her ass thrown out of the store and the police called. And she's fucking 45 yrs old. What the hell does she get off acting like that to someone half her age?
    Sorry for the language but I'm just pissed off at this woman.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't blame you for being mad over something like that. I would've been, too, no matter how little or how much I liked the customer in question. Things like that make you wonder what possesses some people.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

She just needs to try that on someone who reacts violently to sudden shocks like that. It'll put an end to it pretty quick.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

nope, she got the earful she deserved; regardless of the situation, contact like that is a hell no.

good for you.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I've had regulars slap me on the back before, but the ass?

Comment

That's misdemeanor assault and if I were in your shoes, I'd have called the police and pursued it. That'll larn them damn quick.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
              "Don't ever do that again. It pisses me off and makes me want to kill the person."
              Not what the woman did was any good but to automatically say that you want to kill someone that does that...well that speaks loudly (to me) of someone who has a bit of anger management issues. It's never wise to say that one wishes or could kill another, because what if the person who it was said to, takes it seriously. They could have a valid complaint down at a precient and the person who spoke in anger could get a pair of shiny bracelets.

Comment

I've had a regular customer, during the wintertime when I was wearing a coat, hold me back by my hood to stop me. She got a look that would sour milk but I'm pretty sure she's oblivious as to why she got said look - the elderly in my town are so freaking self entitled and full of themselves, and think so little of my generation that this kind of treatment is pretty regular.
                Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

We have a customer that does that to my co-worker almost every time she comes into the store. My co-worker now leaves the floor when she sees this customer or stays away from her.

This customer is a lady in her 50's and my co-worker is a 26 year old women.

My co-worker talked to LP about it and is not sure how she wants to handle it yet.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                    She just needs to try that on someone who reacts violently to sudden shocks like that. It'll put an end to it pretty quick.
                    I think she needs to have somebody try it on her. THAT'll put an end to it. Did it never occur to her to think about how scroob would feel?

Sorry, forgot where I was for a moment . . .

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                      My co-worker talked to LP about it and is not sure how she wants to handle it yet.
                      Next time she comes in, have the worker and the manager tell the woman that touching employees like that is not permitted and if she does it again, she will be charged with assault.

Then, if she does it again, follow through and charge her ass with assault.

Until a line is drawn and consequences are felt for crossing that line, you're leaving yourself open for problems.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ug, I can't stand it when regulars think they can get away with the worst behavior, just because we know them.

One night I was writing down the stick readings while my co-worker was standing by the open tanks when a regular was driving around the store. He swerved *toward* her, running over the open tank lid (like a small sewer lid) and the cap for the gas pipe. He broke the cap. When we asked him about he later, he just laughed. I still think the boss should have made him pay for the cap.

Comment

I hate it when regulars think that just because they come in all the time means they can get away with murder. Had that when I was waitress. Many of our regulars would treat the waitresses terribly, tip poorly, and complain about their food, even though they got the SAMETHING everytime. I hate that.
                          Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

I have a few close friends that I'll do that to jokingly, and who do it back to me, but I would never do that to someone if I wasn't 100% sure they were OK with it, and I sure as hell would never do it to someone I just knew casually or not at all.

One time, it sort of backfired, though. I went to the karaoke bar with one of my female friends, and another couple. After we'd been there a couple hours, I went to request some more songs, and the DJ told me that my friend had hauled off and slapped him for no reason. I didn't think that sounded like her, and I asked her about it. She admitted to it, but told me she only did it because he grabbed her ass. Well, the DJ was also a friend of mine, and that didn't sound like him. So I didn't know was going on.

After I talked to me other female friend (the one that was part of the couple that was with us), she told me she didn't see him grab her. She saw the DJ walked up to the bar for a drink, and then she turned around and slapped him. We eventually figured it out. I got up to use the men's room, and I grabbed her ass as I was walking away (or it might have been my other female friend -- we both joke around like that), and she turned around and just happened to see the DJ, and... well the rest is obvious.

The next time I went back, I explained to him and told him what had really happened, and he took it pretty well. He just chuckled and said, "Oh, so it was your fault! Just wait, I'm gonna get some chick to slap you!" I recently had her back at that bar, and we all had a good laugh about it, and more importantly, no one got slapped that time.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Good for you standing up to that stuck-up piece of crap. I'm sorry, but I have no tolerance for someone who will violate another human being like that, joking or not. I almost decked a coworker who did that once because I *do* go into kill mode. I can't help it. your SC is lucky all she got was a well-deserved tongue lashing.

Comment

Working...
                              X