This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Christmas for you!

Christmas Eve was fairly quiet, but we had a huge group of customers roll up at 5 minutes past closing time. Sadly for them, the duty manager who was manning the door refused point blank to let them in, despite all their excuses. Excuses like;

"But we really need to come in!"

"We have to get a turkey!"

"We'll only be five minutes!"

Haha, bad customers for not turning up before closing time! No Christmas for you!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Kudos for your manager for standing up against those last minute folks. It's not like Christmas was just sprung upon all of us at 10pm last night
    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I love UK Sunday trading laws; we got to close at 4pm last night. XD I was home in plenty of time to grab some pasta and get ready to go out. Like you said, tho; it's not like Christmas is completely unknown of until last night. It's at the same time every year, after all... there's no need to leave things to the last minute.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Especially bad when it's time for all the staff to go home so that THEY can start enjoying their holidays.

We had one like that on saturday...Right after the till had been counted...Oh well
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

i'd forgotten to get our dessert for today; we already have ice cream here at home, so it's ice cream for us...no last minute rushes. we're also staying home today; no need to go out, after all!
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for the manager NOT letting them in. Woo hoo!!!!!!!

(BTW, I like the pointing and laughing smiley.)
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My manager had me stand at the door starting 20 minutes before closing today. It was fun. I got to tell customers to go away. We're normally a 24-hour store, so our customers have it engraved into their brains that we're always, always open. Therefore, I get the same responses from basically everyone.

"Are you serious?"
              No, I'm just messin' with ya. Come on in, we've got free beer and the game's on. Right.

"But I just need one thing!"
              Yeah, me too. It involves a scan card and a clock and an exit door. Shoo.

"But it's not 4:00 yet! You close at four!"
              No, we want all your asses OUT by 4. There's a difference.

"But you're the only store open! I need ______!"
              *points at the store next door that has many customers coming in and out of it*

"I just want to get a cup of coffee!"
              Well, it seems the Starbucks employees have mysteriously vanished today. Oh wait, that's 'cause Starbucks hasn't been open since early last night. No. We're closed. Go home.

Idiots. No means no. Bad customer! No shopping! I find it funny that most of the bitchers were either soccer mom yuppie types, or, as my manager put it, "Jersey hair girls." Stereotypes can be accurate sometimes. Oy.
              Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Working...
              X