This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh You're Going to be FUN

Happened yesterday, and it's still making me want to headdesk slightly.

While doing my shift at the nice box store at which I work, I happened to be dragged off to cover a people greeter's lunch break. This usually isn't too bad and I can keep myself fairly amused for the hour or so. So I'm minding my own business when a lady stops to get a door tag for a return.

I smile and greet her and scan the item, ask her if it was the wrong size or tore or something...? You know, just so I can tell the scanner it's defective or not. She gives me a shrug and said she didn't want it.

Okay cool. It happens. So print out the tag and stick it on and wish her a good day.

As soon as she sees the sticker she immediately slouches into an aggressive stance saying, "I ain't paid no $9 for this shirt!"

Huh? I explain that if she has her receipt they'll be more than glad to give her the price she paid for back...but she mutters "We'll see about that" as she storms off in the middle of my explanation.

My thought? "She's going to be fun at the desk."

Sure enough, get to talk to the service desk ladies later and this lady was all up in arms over the fact that they weren't going to give her the full price she paid for without the receipt. Apparently the rant went something like this:

"So what you're telling me is you can't give me what I paid for? And you ain't gonna honor your prices? So I guess I just shouldn't shop here cuz I'm losin' money by shoppin' here." (We wish right?)

They ended up giving her the price she paid for since the AM for the front end was there and just gave an exasperated nod for them to do it.

How much was the cost of the shirt? $12.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Well, technically you're losing money whenever you shop...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

technically she isn't shopping, she's renting.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Why do people have such an aversion to keeping receipts? I can understand throwing away a receipt for say, soap or grocries you know you'll keep, but clothes are one of those change-your-mind things. Wallets/pocketbooks have compartments where receipts can go. *sigh*
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She didn't keep her receipt because "she'd bought a bunch of groceries and didn't know she'd be returning the shirt"
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
          X