This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But for me, it was Tuesday

If you guess the reference, take a cookie; you'll need it cuz you sat thru a terrible film. XXD

Anyway, this is something that most people have experienced. You're dealing with a customer and they for some reason, are terribly put out. You can't think what the problem is, til they speak up; and you realise that you're meant to remember who they are. This is usually the beginning of the shift into SC territory. O_o For them, the day they graced your workplace with their presence was the most important day ever, but for you, it was just Tuesday...

One incident of this kind comes to mind; this happened when I worked in the pet store. This woman came in to buy a hamster for her daughter. I gave her the usual lowdown on hamsters, the care and habits of and she started to scowl at me. I hadn't a clue why the attitude; I wondered if I'd said something to upset her. Then she said in a snotty tone of voice, "You know, I was in here five months ago to buy a hamster for my son. You've already told me all this."

Well, sor-ree; but I can't be expected to remember every single customer who comes in. -.- This woman seriously expected me to have remembered her, and was progressively snotty and badtempered thruout the entire transaction. I didn't apologise cuz I didn't see why I should have to. As a parting shot, she said before leaving, "It's not very good customer service to treat customers like that." Like what? Not memorising every single customer?

Where I work now, ie the petrol station, I can recognise some customers; ie the van drivers, car sales people, taxi drivers etc who come in several times a day to refuel; and the regular customers who come in every day for bits and pieces. However, recognising every single person is beyond me, and I hope that I don't get someone like that woman again.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    If you guess the reference, take a cookie; you'll need it cuz you sat thru a terrible film. XXD
    For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Oh Street Fighter... I actually just watched that on NetFlix the other day. I don't know why I liked it so much when I was younger.

I actually had a customer who got angry at me the other day because I couldn't remember who he was. I opened his safe deposit box... 3 years ago, and he hasn't been in since.
    Last edited by AtDIelement; 05-29-2010, 06:52 PM. Reason: Fixed because I messed up the quote... Bad... my apologies, I hope I'm still eligible for that cookie :p
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...MeItWasTuesday
      In other news, I'd heard it all over the place, but could NOT figure out where it came from, so off I went a galavanting, only to find out why I couldn't recognize the source. Huzzah, I've never seen that movie all the way through.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

You both can have a cookie. XXD That scene really is the only good scene in the entire movie. I think I posted a link to the scene in the youtube thread if you really are dying to watch it.

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
        I actually had a customer who got angry at me the other day because I couldn't remember who he was. I opened his safe deposit box... 3 years ago, and he hasn't been in since.
        XXD Did he say, "Do you know who I am?" in a celeb style way?
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

The fact that I recognized the source of the quote was the reason I had to click on the topic. It seems you're out of cookies. I can take out my frustration instead on any of you who have a ps3 and Super SF4.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            OF COURSE!
            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

That was a horrible film, Street Fighter. It wasn't at all what it should have been. It's only good scenes all involved Kylie Minouge, trying her best to make bad material halfway interesting.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yeah, that happened a few times at the grocery store I worked at. Why they would care if a bag boy remembered them, I don't know.

Yeah, I hated Street Fighter, but then I looked at it again. Raul Julia was obviously having fun. He must have known this was a terrible movie, that he'd been given a terrible role beneath him. So what does he do?

HAM IT UP!
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

IIRC, the main reason he (Raul Julia) chose the role is because he let his kids decide which script he should accept.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                    IIRC, the main reason he (Raul Julia) chose the role is because he let his kids decide which script he should accept.
                    IIRC, he also had terminal cancer. It was his last movie, and because of this, he let his kids decide what movie he should do.

He did that movie as a last gift to them.
                    Last edited by Hyndis; 05-30-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Always have customers say "Don't you remember me?" Yeah, there's a couple regulars I remember, but if you're only here once a year, then no, I probably don't. I'm really terrible with faces, so even if I checked you in the night before, I still probably don't remember you.

My coworker, though, has mad memory powers with customers. She can remember EVERYONE. In fact, she recently introduced me to the very first customer she ever checked in (she started working at the desk 16 years ago). It's insane, but the guests love that she can remember them.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm bad with faces too; it takes me a long time to recognise people anyway, let alone someone who pops in once in a blue moon.

It's telling that the only good scenes in that movie were Raul Julia being a ham. XD I can't accept Kylie in the role of Cammy, cuz Cammy is English... and Kylie is Australian. X_x Would it really be too much to ask that movie producers pick the right nationality for the part? And don't even get me started on The Legend Of Chun Li... ew! Thank goodness for the anime.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I know. The legend of Chun Li really screwed up with my favorite character, Rose.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My favourite charater Vega was completely ruined. -.-
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I had an occurance of this just today.

SC comes up to the desk to ask for the login info for our internet.

Me: What room are you in?
                              SC: What difference does that make?
                              Me: I need to verify that you're staying with us. The internet is for guest-use only.
                              SC: I've stayed with you guys since Wednesday.
                              Me: I'm sorry, but I see lots of people each day so I have trouble remembering faces.
                              SC: 666
                              Me: *gives username and info*
                              SC: [Manager] is going to LOVE to hear about this.

Oh I'm sure he will. My manager will enjoy hearing how I stuck to procedure to ensure that only guests are allowed on our interwebs. And it's not like the SC is paying for the room. He's here doing something for our hotel, so he gets a free stay. I don't know details. Comp rooms are set up by our managers anyways.

And I'm not sure what happened, but it's been about an hour and 15 minutes, but he's been polite whenever he comes to the desk now.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X