Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sighs* I HATE Priceline. They give me issues. Like giving us cards that don't effin work. Happens 1/50 rooms, but grr.

Glad it worked for you. LOL Yep. Our checkout: 11 am. Late checkout: Noon.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
      *sighs* I HATE Priceline. They give me issues. Like giving us cards that don't effin work. Happens 1/50 rooms, but grr.

Glad it worked for you. LOL Yep. Our checkout: 11 am. Late checkout: Noon.

*huggles* I'm sorry! I don't think the hotels I've stayed at have had any problems. Of course, I hate bothering people, so I'm always very much "Please, Thank you, Is it possible? I'm sorry, but..." type of a person when dealing with hotels. And when I ask for late checkout, I always start with "I understand if it's not possible, but I was wondering if I could get a late checkout?" Because I know how busy hotels can get and they're doing ME a favor.

On a note about awesome hotels, there's one hotel that we regularly sell out for a convention every year. Actually, now we have two conventions there every year that I attend. One convention we sell about 1/2 of the rooms and we've been there for about a decade. The other convention, we just moved that that hotel but we sold out the hotel completely two months before the convention and our hotel liaison handled room placements, king/double requests, everything. So when someone showed up at the con and wanted their room switched from a king to two doubles because they never contacted our hotel liaison to specify, the hotel actually could say "I'm sorry, but Jer has to approve any changes" and then they called someone who doesn't ever work for the hotel to handle it. ^_^ They hotel loved us.... of course, any hotel worker who wanted to go to any convention events was allowed in, our attendees are generally well behaved and not-so-stupid... and we loved the fact that the hotel offered all of us a 4pm checkout. Which pretty much meant that they couldn't check anyone in that Sunday night until after rooms had been cleaned, etc, but I'm sure some people left early... and they made a lot of money off of us.

But sure enough... we had people who showed up for the convention the day of wanting to know why they couldn't get a room... Ummmm... because we've been sold out for more than two months and that was emailed and on the website and everything else?

*sigh*
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        Ok, I know October and April are Conference weekends, but for the life of me I can't figure out what goes on in August and February. Help me out?
        August and February are the Outdoor Retailers Convention... I know why most out of towners don't know about it, but if you truly are a regular, then you would have experienced it at least once and know to expect it (we won't add someone to our regulars list until they have stayed at least 20 times).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X