This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame you for being overworked!

I got a prize winner tonight. In case you don't know, I work in a video store and friday nights are extremely busy. My boss left early tonight because she was sick, so I got stuck working alone. Within minutes of her leaving I had a line halfway across the store. Now, I think I'm doing pretty well at this point, no one is yelling and I'm running through the line pretty quickly. Then, crazy woman (who had probably been waiting no more than ten minutes) gets to the front of the line.

CW: crazy woman
    Me: well, me
    (my thoughts)

CW: Are you the only one working tonight?

Me: yes (duh, do you see anyone else)

CW: I know it's not your fault, but the line is always so long when I come in here, I really hate waiting in line, so I just wanted to let you know that this is the last time I'm going to rent here (WTF). I've decided to get netflix so I don't have to wait in line anymore. I know it's not your fault (you already said that part) and I'm not angry at you (really? that warms my heart) but the lines are just too long. How come you never have enough people here?

Me: we're really short staffed right now, and my boss had to go home sick. (and thank you very much for taking up so much of my time that the line behind you has doubled in size)

CW: that's just not right, in my store (you work retail and you're giving me sh**? oh come on!) when you go home sick you have to find a replacement.

Me: (please just go away) my coworker is on her way in, she should be here soon.(why the hell am I still engaging you in conversation?)

CW: It doesn't really matter, since I'm not going to rent here anymore after tonight.

Me: sorry for the inconveniece have a nice night (please for the love of God sign up for netflix as soon as you get home!)
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

I hate it when customers feel the need to inform you of stupid shit like that. It's like, "Why are you telling me this? Do you *honestly* think that I give a flying fuck to begin with? Do you think that I have any amount of personal control over the situation? JUST. SHUT. UP. and. GO. AWAY."
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

It drives me nuts when people go on and on and one about long lines and "how long it's taking" etc etc, when they are the ones holding up everything!
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Hey, I have a question. If you tell me that you hate waiting, will that make things go faster? Because if by you pissing and moaning about me being the only one will make more people appear, then by all means, Piss away! Oh...whats that?? It WON'T make anything go faster? Well poop. Then shut up.

Don't you love how they like to complain about THEIR experiance in an understaffed store as if they are the only ones? What about the poor clerk? You've got to put up with the long lines for what, 10 minutes? The clerk has another 7 hours to go.
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
          CW: I just wanted to let you know that this is the last time I'm going to rent here
          In other words, "See you next week!"
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Waiting in line for ten minutes is a hell of a lot faster than waiting for 3 days for your movie to show up in the mail...

Comment

That's where you say "OK, just let me cancel your account, oh I see you owe us money,.. no problem, we'll just turn that over to a collection agency tomorrow. Have a nice day!"
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth tonydanza View Post
                Waiting in line for ten minutes is a hell of a lot faster than waiting for 3 days for your movie to show up in the mail...
                The customer obviously doesn't have the logic to figure that out.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
                  CW: I know it's not your fault, but the line is always so long when I come in here, I really hate waiting in line, so I just wanted to let you know that this is the last time I'm going to rent here (WTF). I've decided to get netflix so I don't have to wait in line anymore. I know it's not your fault (you already said that part) and I'm not angry at you (really? that warms my heart) but the lines are just too long. How come you never have enough people here?
                  Me: Okay, *ring her out* Your copy of Species 3 is due back next Friday, and there'll be a line then, too. And, according to your account, you rent at most, three times a month. You'll be paying Netflix more to rent the movies.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                  X