Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can't afford my degree of treachery, boy! (language, long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't afford my degree of treachery, boy! (language, long)

It was a pretty uneventful night for the most part. People showed up, rocked out, got drunk, went home. Well... maybe not one guy in particular. He had a buddy who we already marked as a minor that he wanted to bring downstairs. Problem: nobody marked as a minor can be downstairs, period.

Me: I am Me. Me am I. I am I. I now have a Queensryche song stuck in my head.
    SC: I don't care who he is, he ain't coming in!
    CC: Allies are so hard to come by nowadays...
    M: Minor. Even he had more brains than this derp.

(SC, CC and M walk up to my door. I immediately noticed the M's on M's hands, and he stays outside the gate. Good so far.)
    Me: (to SC and CC) ID's?
    (CC and SC show theirs. They're of age. CC's about to walk inside, but SC gets a little too close.)
    SC: Hey, how much would I have to give you to let him in?
    (SC points at M.)
    Me: I can't let him into the downstairs bar.
    SC: Whaaa? Why not?
    Me: Not only is he under 21, he's already marked as a minor. By our rules, he needs to be upstairs.
    SC: What about $20?
    (I can already feel my ears start to burn. This fucker's gonna try to bribe me?)
    Me: Not worth my job.
    SC: Okay, what about $40? Would $40 be enough?
    (Oh, you're getting on my goddamn nerves even harder, boy. SC pulls his wallet out and starts rooting through it.)
    Me: He's not coming in through this door, and you're not going to pay his way in.
    SC: Look.
    (SC holds the $40 out as I card a couple of regulars who just showed up. I don't even look at the money.)
    SC: $40, just let him in.
    (I think something in my facial expression scared SC a little, because he backed off some.)
    Me: Get your fucking money out of my face. You are not going to cost me my job!
    (CC turns to SC at this point and puts a hand on his shoulder.)
    CC: Just let it go, man, he's only doing his job.
    M: Yeah, I mean, I'll just go back upstairs. It's no big deal.
    SC: ...whatever. Come on.
    (SC and CC walk into the bar. I look over at M, who shrugs.)
    M: Man, it was turning into a reality show for a second.
    Me: Yeah, one of the shitty MTV ones...
    (M laughs and heads back upstairs.)

Look, I don't know how long SC and M have known each other, but the second someone starts waving money in my face, it take every bit of self-control to hold back from rearing back and clocking the little shit. The way the economy is right now, I'm not going to throw a reliable, if slightly ill-paying, job right out the window like that.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

"$40? Are you serious? $40? I spit on your $40. My rent's $1200 a month, tuition is $210 a credit plus books, I spend $30 a week on groceries and make $8.50 an hour. Your $40 is an insult to me. It is a slap in the face. Now get out of my sight before I start getting real pissed."

*(I don't know what your living expenses are so I just used mine to keep it flowing)
    Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

"$40? Make it $500 and I'll see what I can do."

If he ponies up the $500, I'd tell him that I can't allow the minor in the bar. Sorry, but I only said I'd see what I CAN do.
      Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
        "$40? Make it $500 and I'll see what I can do."

If he ponies up the $500, I'd tell him that I can't allow the minor in the bar. Sorry, but I only said I'd see what I CAN do.
        Good GOD, if only. The only thing worse than breaking alcohol laws involving minors would be getting fired for scamming. Otherwise...

Comment

"Ok, give me the money, give me some time to mull it over, and I might just let you in."
          5 minutes pass...
          "Who are you again? i'll need to see some ID..."
          Rinse and repeat!
          *Ring* *Ring*
          M: *Workplace Name*, Ryan speaking.
          C: Hello Peter, is Ryan there?
          M: This is Ryan.

Comment

I would've taken the $40, then taken the guy and his minor friend and shoved them out the front door, then handed them back their $40.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
              SC: Okay, what about $40? Would $40 be enough?
              "Sorry assclown. But, if you have to ask, you obviously can't afford it."
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                "Sorry assclown. But, if you have to ask, you obviously can't afford it."
                Heh, I'm using that one next time someone tries bribery. Thanks!

Comment

"Okay, now not only is your friend not coming in due to his age, but you are now not coming in because of your attempt to bribe me into breaking the law. Come to think of it, I am tossing you from the entire establishment. Get out. Get out now."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X