• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new "unacceptable" and Salty chips were salty

Grocery store. Cashier.

Lady 1

CS: "There's a coupon on those crackers."
    Me: "Yes, there is. If you check the picture & wording on the coupon, it's for another [related brand] of crackers the company is promoting. "
    CS: "I don't believe it."

(Is this the new "unacceptable" that will change the fact the coupon is NOT for the crackers you are currently purchasing?)

Lady 2

CS: "I just wanted to let you know" (yes, me, the cashier who works part-time) "that we bought the [store-brand] salt and vinegar chips the other day, and they were VERY, VERY salty."

I'll be sure to pass that along.
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

"I just wanted to let you know"

Argh...one of my all time pet peeve phrases. What do they expect you to do, order the company to change the recipe?

Comment

And apparaently if you tell someone what they don't want to hear, "they're a bitch."
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        And apparaently if you tell someone what they don't want to hear, "they're a bitch."
        Thats very true.

If I give someone an honest and accurate estimate they become absolutely enraged. This is all information given up front before they do anything at all. I say it'll take about 2 weeks from start to finish as that is the most accurate timeframe, which only pisses them off.

Apparently they're much happier to believe that it will be done instantly through the magic of teleportation, unicorns, and fairies and then only find out later once they send their product in that it'll actually take about 2 weeks.

Comment

"CS: "I just wanted to let you know" (yes, me, the cashier who works part-time) "that we bought the [store-brand] salt and vinegar chips the other day, and they were VERY, VERY salty.""

Any guesses to what she'll say when she tries the sweet rolls?
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
            CS: "I just wanted to let you know" (yes, me, the cashier who works part-time) "that we bought the [store-brand] salt and vinegar chips the other day, and they were VERY, VERY salty."

"Well ma'am, on behalf of [Store Name], I'm thrilled that our product lived up to their description, and your expectations!"

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

I hate hearing "I just want to let you know..." God, that is so fucking annoying. Really, what do they expect us to do? Are we supposed to somehow change company policy or order a different brand of the same type of food just so they can be happy?

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                OMG!! i would certainly hope the salt and vinegar chips were salty. the package DOES say salt and vinegar. it doesn't say sugar and maple syrup chips. what did she want? Lightly salted salt and vinegar chips? hardly any salt at all and vinegar chips?

of course i would have been carrying a little notepad and pencil and tell her that i am making a note of the offending bag of chips and will begin a full investigation as to who made the chips and why they shouldn't be beaten to within an inch of their lives. the shame!!
                there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

...can you send me a bag? Most salt and vinegar chips are kind of... Generic. >.>

Comment

mmm, salt and vinegar chips, very yummy.

CS: "I don't believe it."
                    hm, well, next time, we'll send out your coupon on the magical unicorn express and when the fairy queen hands it to you, you will believe...oh, how you will believe.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Salty chips are salty? No way! **shocked gasp** That's like someone saying our warmers are hot, or the food that is in them is hot. My usual reply is something like "I'm sorry. I'll be sure to let someone know that your food was hot." It catches them off guard, and makes them give me a look, but in the end they realize their own silliness and laugh it off. I wonder what she'd have said if you had told her "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'll be sure to let someone know that your SALT and vinegar chips were salty."
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I can understand her being upset. Salt and vinegar chips are supposed to burn from the vinegar, not the salt. I've had salt and vinegar chips that take the 'salt' part too far. However, what the heck is she doing complaining about it? Besides, ALL chips are too salty. Plain potato chips have more salt than anyone wants to eat, what do you expect from salt and vinegar.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                          ...can you send me a bag? Most salt and vinegar chips are kind of... Generic. >.>
                          *Sends some Walkers Salt & Vinegar Crisps*
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                          X