Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm just having a major deja vu moment, but havent you dealt with both burn-money-to-obtain-superpowers-guy and are-you-still-there-woman before?
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
      Maybe I'm just having a major deja vu moment, but havent you dealt with both burn-money-to-obtain-superpowers-guy and are-you-still-there-woman before?
      Even pink camo pants wear out eventually.

Just ask my dragon.
      "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Hot Tips

SC: “Write a prayer on a $1 or a $2 or a $5 and burn it and Jesus will give you supernatural powers. Like ESP or Telekinesis.”

Oh, sweet. Now you’re getting into specifics. You were always kind of vague on the exact nature of the super powers Jesus grants in exchange for small bills. Although, I do hope you’re aware that we don’t actually have $1 or $2 bills anymore? You could attempt to set a Loonie or Twoonie on fire if you want I suppose. However, I’m not sure that’ll be very effective short of maybe a blowtorch or arc welder?

I hate to have to possibly claim this guy so, it is my understanding on a trip to America he stole our currency as we have both $1 and they still do make $2 bills but nobody really uses them except to piss of cashiers.
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
          im sort of confused, what happened to the 1 and 2 dollar denominations of Canadian currency?
          They went hardcore.

(The paper bills were discontinued ($1 in 1989, $2 in 1996), and only coins are now issued.)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Me: “And how did you hear about the product?”
            C: “I think I saw it on Mythbusters.”

…I….honestly have no idea what to say to that. All I can do is hope that if indeed it did appear on Mythbusters, it was promptly lit on fire, blown up or shot at on high speed camera. And that there is a Youtube clip.
            WIN!!

Hot Tips

SC: “Write a prayer on a $1 or a $2 or a $5 and burn it and Jesus will give you supernatural powers. Like ESP or Telekinesis.”

Oh, sweet. Now you’re getting into specifics. You were always kind of vague on the exact nature of the super powers Jesus grants in exchange for small bills. Although, I do hope you’re aware that we don’t actually have $1 or $2 bills anymore? You could attempt to set a Loonie or Twoonie on fire if you want I suppose. However, I’m not sure that’ll be very effective short of maybe a blowtorch or arc welder?
            Mythbusters would do it. Quick! Someone write it in!
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

GK, while the entirety of the post was thoroughly enjoying, as usual, I have to ask...

Me: “They do not go by dress size. They go by waist size.”
              SC: “Size 7’ waist.”
              Me: “………….”
              Considering the placement of that apostrophe (7'), did this customer actually suggest possessing a seven-foot waist? Have the Nunavutians taught a stray walrus how to place catalog orders or something?
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                ...Damn you, GK. Now I have this image of Adam, Jamie, and the rest of the team wearing pink camo. DAMN YOU.
                That was actually regarding a certain home renovation product. So its quite possible it has appeared on Mythbusters ( and been shot at ).

Quoth Cymberleah
                I thought you were done sharing personal information. Really, knowing that you like chicken pieces that can't be sold in actual meat fashion and have to be breaded into clumps is just... TMI, man. TMI.
                Well, they aren't quite as good as the sin against God and Nature that was Chicken Fries.

Quoth Alephcat
                I'm sorry, I just do not believe that you were 6 in 1986, because that would mean that you are only one person and no one (poor) person could attract this many crazies in just one short week, or be this good at writing about them. You have to be a syndicate of people all writing and contributing together, like the syndicate that wrote Shakespeare
                WE ARE LEGIO-<cough> er. No, I am but one man. -.-

Quoth infinitemonkies
                Yes on one, no on two. Hot Tips calls are generated entirely by two individuals who quite literally call us with their drug fueled fantasies on an almost daily basis. Vick creeps up every other week. But Jesus Superpowers Prince Charles guy calls practically every other day. Usually 5 or 6 times, and 95% of the time just to repeat a previous narcotic episode with only a slight variation. Though every now and then he veers off into pure crazy territory and says something about the Queen and strap ons.

Those lines are insanity magnets. Remember, these are the lines that I required police intervention on last year after a caller began stalking me. >.>

Quoth underemployeed
                I hate to have to possibly claim this guy so, it is my understanding on a trip to America he stole our currency as we have both $1 and they still do make $2 bills but nobody really uses them except to piss of cashiers.
                I would be amazed if they actually let him across the border.

Quoth HawaiianShirts
                Considering the placement of that apostrophe (7'), did this customer actually suggest possessing a seven-foot waist? Have the Nunavutians taught a stray walrus how to place catalog orders or something?
                I actually meant for a ", as in she asked for a 7 inch waist. I assume because she has the physique of a praying mantis.

Comment

Normally we just have someone down front on the sidewalk offering $10 and a Jello shooter to anyone that’ll come inside and take some calls for an hour. But I’ve actually been here for a couple of days! So I’ve learned all the secrets. I’m smarts.
                  Ooooh, where can I apply?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
                    Or in some cases by cashiers to piss off customers...

(I special order 'em from the Fed through my bank, $200 worth at a time. Takes about a week for them to get it.)

I actually have a couple of Canadian $1 and $2 notes, vintage about 1976, in an envelope in my mom's strongbox. Wonder if they're worth anything.

Comment

YES. FOR THE LOVE OF COCKRINGS AND POPCORN CHICKEN I AM STILL HERE.[/I]
                      Wow. What an... intriguing choice of things to love...
                      SC: “But the fact that Stephen Harper is related to a herd of goat fuckers cannot be proven or disproven-“

-annnd that’s my queue to go “…wait, what?”. Bravo, you have done it again. Tossed a little curveball in the middle of what would otherwise be a mundane repeat of one of your previous episodes. How the heck did you get from “Existence of God” to “Canada’s prime minister may or may not be related to people who have illicit relationships with livestock”? That’s some serious six degrees of separation right there.
                      Well, actually, he didn't say that he was related to people at all... think back... he called it a "herd of goat fuckers" so that makes me think that those who fuck goats are, indeed, other goats.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that being related to goats who have sex with other goats is slightly higher on the desirability scale than being related to people who like to do the deed with their fleecy companions.
                      You could attempt to set a Loonie or Twoonie on fire if you want I suppose. However, I’m not sure that’ll be very effective short of maybe a blowtorch or arc welder?
                      Forget the burning, how are you supposed to write the prayer? It would have to be a very short one....
                      Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      I thought you turned into a pillar of salt...
                      Actually, you become as a pillar of salt. It's like going tharn.
                      Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                      ... OK, what the hell did I just read?
                      TV Tropes has a good, basic description of what that site is about.

I, like you, had to know more, and the short blurb at the end of the main blurb was really useful.

Click the "Or more clearly..." text.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yay !! I like placing orders !! Yay !!
                        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                          I actually have a couple of Canadian $1 and $2 notes, vintage about 1976, in an envelope in my mom's strongbox. Wonder if they're worth anything.
                          The green ones are worth $1, the reddish-brown ones are worth $2 . Everyone kept them, so they aren't really worth a lot. If they're mint they'll be a little bit more, but not a lot. My parents actually have a framed sheet of uncut ones, and a sheet of twos that they never got framed, but will one day. (It really needs to be glass on both sides, so it's a lot more bother). They like being able to joke about being rich enough to paper their walls with money. (Let me point out, that AFAIK the mint sold these at face value, someone who has one can correct me. They are worth a heck of a lot less than most of the art on my parents' walls, and they don't collect the really expensive stuff.)

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
                            they still do make $2 bills but nobody really uses them except to piss of cashiers.
                            I $2 bills. They're snazztacular.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If you weren't in a completely different country with your weird customers, I would swear they only stop phoning you to phone me.

*sigh they are everywhere*
                              Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Re: $2 bills...

I know of a local business that keeps a $2 in it's cash register. In case they are robbed. The serial number has been recorded and has been given to the police, so if anyone tries to spend said $2 bill, they either had something to do with a stick-up or know someone who did...
                                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                                X