This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Make An SC STFU

ProTip for everyone: SC's hate to be pwned. BrenDAnn loves to pwn them. Evil? Why yes, yes I can be. Moving on to the story now. Tonight, a woman came in, credit card in hand, ranting and raving that she wanted gas and her card wouldn't work. I, being the ever-so-happy-to-help clerk, offered to go outside and see if I could get it to work. I should mention that this is one of my favorite things to do, as I love the looks on people's faces when I get their cards to work on the first try. Anyway, the entire way out to the pump (thank whatever deity was watching over me that it was one of the ones closer to the store) she went on and on about how my c-store was the only place that the pumps didn't take her card. Our pumps never read her card, she claimed---NEVAAARRRR!!! Cue me, popping her card into the reader, back out, pressing yes to give her a receipt, and starting the pump for her. Cue her, going, "Oh..." and staring at me open-mouthed. I wished her a nice evening, and trotted back to my post inside the store, triumphant. Bitch a little louder, and I'll prove you wrong even more. Go on. I dare you.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

NICE! I bow to you m'dear.

Comment

Why thank you. I'm kinda proud myself.

Comment

lol i get to do that sometimes with peoples bank cards at the machine...its wonderful feeling
        Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

She was probably sticking it in the wrong direction. So far I've seen three variations on the theme. Stripe up and to the right, stripe up and to the left, and horizontal with the stripe down and to the right.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

You're right, tollbaby, that's probably what she was doing. Still, seeing her just stop and shut up and look at me was priceless. It's one of my favorite things at work, I swear!

Comment

*claps*

*gives cookies*
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Why thank you, EQ! **takes a bow** **noms cookies**

Comment

*golfclap*

That's simply wonderful
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Cue me, popping her card into the reader, back out, pressing yes to give her a receipt, and starting the pump for her.
                    I agree with EricKei.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    *golfclap*
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Better ownage than a six-pawed cat with super-sharp claws in battle with a small dog with a very big nose.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                      X