This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch your kids!

Gods! I am so DAMN tired of turning around from helping a mother, and immediately stepping down on/over her child who was standing right behind me. I then have to correct my foot placement so I don't fall on your child, and trust me, you don't want that, I AM 6'5", and somewhere around 300 pounds. If I fall, and land on your child, poor junior is most likely going to end up hospitalized.
    I cannot be expected to know where your child, who might be all of knee height to me, is at all times, as there are no particularly good sensory organs around my knees, and my mind is usually a-whirl with everything I have to do at once to keep four registers running smoothly, and I WANT to GET IT DONE as soon as I can, as I am tired of hearing you grumble about how you hate the self check machines, they never work right, and so on.
    If it was mother right behind me, I would have turned, seen her immediately, and not tried to step over her.
    If a kid is behind me, as soon as I realize where they are, I try to step out beyond them so I don't step on them, but kids are wont to move right into the new spot I'm trying to step toward.
    "I call murder on that!"

I will say now, I love your sig and icon. I love that movie >.>

Anywho. Yes, tiny children have the tendency to randomly latch onto me when I'm at work. This is odd as I am no longer a camp counselor, and I do not work at any place where children clinging to me like mollusks would make sense.

It's even more fun when I'm walking an all of a sudden... CHILD ATTACK! And one has latched onto my leg. WHILE I'M WALKING. I go down, child goes down, and parents come over and ask what the hell I was doing.

"Umm... Walking?"
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Stop trying to avoid stepping on them. Crush a few kids, and the mothers will learn to make sure they're not standing half-way up your ass.

Comment

It happens to parents, too. Kids are short and out of your range of vision.

If mom is paying attention to what you are saying, kid can and will slip right out of her line of sight. Most people do not focus on the area right under their feet. Hence kid going missing six inches from your ankles.

I imagine at six five, the problem is probably especially bad for you.

Comment

I had a head on collision with a little kid once while ice skating. Knocked him to the ground. Thats what you get when you swerve in front of somebody who doesn't know how to stop.

Comment

Oh, yes, I've had this happen to me once or twice. I'm about 6'2", around 270~275 pounds.

Every time it happens, I catch myself, and say something like, "Whoa! Careful there! Don't stand behind me like that, I could've squashed you like a bug!" And I say it in a cheerful, but stern tone of voice, not being mean at all. And the parents have always told their kids to stay over by THEM, and "let the man work."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X