This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No manners while shopping

We all know how customers can be messy and not care but it still amazes me.

Yesterday I was putting out new merchandise and I hear a mother telling her 2 year old daughter to put something back. I look over at them and the 2 year old is walking with a boxed inflatable pool. The mom keeps telling her to put it back. Finally they leave the area and I continue about my work and I almost trip over a box on the floor. Yup that lady just left that inflatable pool on the floor right where she told her daughter to leave it.

Then about 30 minutes later I was by the registers when this same lady comes up to check out. She hands the cashier an OPEN bag of candy and says "Sorry my daughter opened it, but she didn't eat any." So this lady gave her 2 year old a bag of candy to play with

I know by now these things shouldn't surprise me but it makes me wonder what else that lady is teaching her daughter. I can only imagine what other things she does while shopping.

she DID pay for the bag of candy, didn't she? oh wait, it's a sucky customer.
    i think i know the answer to that.
    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
      she DID pay for the bag of candy, didn't she? oh wait, it's a sucky customer.
      i think i know the answer to that.
      You guessed right. She did NOT pay for it.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
        "Sorry my daughter opened it, but she didn't eat any."
        Show me a two year old who won't eat out of an open bag of candy. That's the most f'ing ridiculous lie I've ever heard What an EW.
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Ugh, I would have made her pay for it. I make ALL our customers pay for things their kids open. Hopefully that teaches them to watch their kids and not have someone else babysit them while in the store.
          Confessions of a Cashier

Comment

she does that and in the next breathe wonders why prices are so high....

Comment

When she handed the bag to the cashier, she shouldve scanned it and handed it back. ...Fuckin ridiculous.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                That's the most f'ing ridiculous lie I've ever heard What an EW.
                It's right up there with "no, i didn't eat any of the grapes out of this bag while I was shopping. It was 50% empty stalks when I picked it up and opened it..."
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have been told that my daughter is very well behaved. People make it sound like I'm just lucky. She must have been born that way. Maybe so. I don't have enough experience to say for sure. But considering the number of two-minute time outs (one minute per year) I've had to put her in for not being well behaved, and the number of stubborn fits I've had to not give into, I'm of the opinion that my daughter is well-behaved because her parents work hard to keep her behavior in line.

If you don't stand up to your kids early, it doesn't become any easier later. Stupid parents.

Comment

Bankworking:

It's a bit of both. Apparently I was a 'good child', and an indication that my behaviour was unacceptable was usually enough. Under most circumstances I could be restrained with 'no' or 'we don't do that'. My brother, however, required actual punishment to control his behaviour, whether it be a time-out or a careful swat on a well-nappied butt.
                    Same parents, and they started trying to raise him the same way as me. It just didn't work. Different personalities, apparently, require different types of training.

That said, even I (the 'good kid') could have become a spoiled brat if I hadn't been parented properly.

Further discussion of nature-vs-nurture should go to Fratching, but I thought Bankworking might be interested in the anecdotal evidence.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      Same parents, and they started trying to raise him the same way as me. It just didn't work. Different personalities, apparently, require different types of training.

That said, even I (the 'good kid') could have become a spoiled brat if I hadn't been parented properly.
                      Absolutely on both counts.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, she definitely should have paid for the candy. Even if she didn't eat any, I'm pretty sure that you can't sell an opened bag... nobody would want one, even if you tell them that "it was just a 2-year old girl and the mother SWEARS that she didn't actually eat any of it".

My former boss once made a lady buy a stack of chocolate bars that her son broke... His version of 'playing' was to take a bar out of the box, twist it and then move on to the next. The packaging stayed sealed but the once-solid piece was now a mess of chocolaty crumbs.
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                        X