This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you're doing it wrong!!!

Had a real gem of an SC last night. I work in retail PT, women's clothing to be exact. we currently have a bunch of dumb BOGO promos going on, along with other promos. BOGO is mostly on tops, buy one full price, get the second of equal or lesser at 50% off. Simple, right? Not for this one.

she had purchased a bunch of stuff in one of our other stores, including two identical t-shirts. One of which was full price, the other half, as they were part of the BOGO.

She decided she wanted to exchange one of them, for different top, and as it happened, the one she was returning, was the one she paid full price for. She just expected me to hand over a completely different shirt, without doing any kind of return/exchange. Sorry, doesn't work that way as each item has their own, unique SKU. So she was annoyed I had to *gasp" ask for her receipt, etc. to do this.

Then the one she wanted instead was $10 more. So I do her return, and tell her the difference is $10. She went ballistic, telling me, NO, it was part of the BOGO, and she should get 50% off, and so on, and that they were the same price, so she shouldn't owe anything. She then yelled at me "No, you are doing it WRONG" No, I'M NOT, you just don't get it.

I then very calmly and politely told her that a. the shirt she was returning was the one she paid FULL price for, and this new one cost more, so she owed the difference. And that she already GOT the 50% off the other one!! It took her a while, and I reallly wanted to tell her her to f#$% off, but I kept my cool. When she finally realized I was right, and she was not, do you think she had the decency to apologoize? Of course not!

Then she proceeded to agonize for 10 full minutes about the extra $10, when she had just spent close to $500 on all her stuf at the other store!!!!! I mean really, if it's that big a deal, just return them both, or keep the one you initialy bought, and STFU.

She finally decided in the end to go with the other one, pay the difference, and then spent another $120 on other stuff. My manager was impressed by the way I kept my cool, and said that this particular SC is always rude and nasty. I said I know, as i've dealt with ehr before.

But come on, if that were me, i would have calmly said I didn't get it, and could the associate please explain, i would NEVER yell and scream, and then I would have apologized for my dumbness!

I congratulate you for keeping your cool. Consumers must really think every retail employee is stupid.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X