X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer wants "partial refund"

Hi everyone!

I don't post often, but I read these boards every day. I'm looking for a little guidance here.

I sell stuff for my company online. This particular incident occurred on Half.com. I sold a CD for $1, checked it before I sent it out, for damage, etc. I get this email today:

"Thanks for the CD, and your prompt mailing.
    A little FYI, however: Half.com Item Quality ratings specifically state that
    "Jewel cases with promotion marks ([such as] saw cuts...)" are
    "Unacceptable", and technically are NOT to be sold on Half.com.
    If you insist on selling these, it would behoove you to specifically state
    their condition in the comments section. I'll keep the CD, but I'd appreciate a
    $1 partial refund for the condition of the case. Thanks."

Aside from the *snarky* attitude (If you insist on selling these, it would behoove you) Okay so there is damage to the case? And you want a $1 refund for a CD you paid $1 for? It's not possible that the damage occurred in shipping and you would rather have a refund for the shipping charge? BTW, the CD was shipped in a box with bubble materials around it.

I offered to refund their entire purchase once they return the CD. Is it me, or is this customer angling for a *full refund* while keeping the CD they ordered? What could I have done better?

Thanks! Debbie

Told them that the case isn't the part of the cd they are listening to. I wouldn't refund them for that if the item they bought is in working condition. That's just the packaging.

Comment

im an ebayer and i think you did the right thing. I used to do partial refunds but now if a buyer complains about something i tell them to send the item back and i'll refund postage and item price. then i relist the item at a higher price :-)

but no partial refunds.

Comment

As an ebayer i have never offered partial refunds & have only been offered one once, when i bought a dvd, which turned out to be the wrong disc in the case, the seller had no knowledge having bought a job lot and offered either a full refund or 50% if i wanted to keep the dvd, i decided to keep it and take the 50% refund instead.

Comment

Working...
        X