This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bully Turns Into Little Baby

I was working the floor today, hoping that it would take my mind off of everything that has been going on (see Off Topic), and it was all going fine, until this guy came along.

I took out a steak and kidney pie to the SC, and a fish meal for this girlfriend. I had only just put the plate down, when the SC started acting up.

SC: Hmmm...I think that is cold.
    Me: Oh, well why don't you try it, and if it is...

The SC quickly picked up his fork and ate a slice of carrot.

SC: The vegetables are cold!!
    Me: OK, I'm sorry, I will just take that back and get you some fresh ones.
    SC: You will get me a fresh meal!

The SC grabbed his gravy boat, and poured the entire contents of gravy over his meal.

SC: There! Now I will know if you have brought me a fresh meal or not! I'm not having you just shove this in the microwave!

Feeling a lot more timid than usual, I took the meal back without a word. The kitchen were not impressed. They stuck a temperature probe in all the food, and confirmed that it was not cold in the slightest. However, they agreed to make a new meal. I walked out to inform the SC it would be a few minutes.

SC: Fine! But take my girlfriend's meal back!

He grabbed the meal off his very snobby looking girlfriend, and handed me the plate.

SC: We want to eat together!
    Me: OK, but just so you know, this may dry out under the heat lamp.
    SC: It better fucking not!!

I put the girlfriends meal under the lamp, but it was only there for about 30 seconds, as the replacement meal was ready. I returned them to the table.

SC: You've just thrown this in the microwave haven't you??
    Me: No, I couldn't have. You poured gravy all over yours. This one does not have gravy.
    SC: Well that doesn't fucking matter because this one is cold too!
    Me: You haven't even tried it!
    SC: I don't have to. I know. Do you know what, this is just fucking typical of this place! I work in *pub in other town*, and we are just so much better. We know how to cook our fucking food unlike you!
    Me: OK, I am going to grab a manager, because I don't want to talk to you anymore.

I walked behind the bar to grab Boss, who was in the office. I explained the situation to her.

Me: Can you come out and talk to him? I cannot deal with that bastard anymore.
    Boss: Sure.

We walked out, and the SC was at the end of the bar, arguing with a co-worker!

CW: I don't care how badly you think you have been treated, you do not walk up to the bar shouting and swearing at me! I did not cook your food! I did not bring it out to you! It has NOTHING to do with me!
    SC: Do you know where I fucking work, you fucking bitch? *Pub in other town*!! So don't bother ever coming in, because you might just get some spit in your food!
    CW/Boss/Me:

Boss walked up to him.

Boss: So you work in *pub in other town*??
    SC: Yeah!
    Boss: What's your name sir?
    SC: Mr SC.

Yes, he stupidly gave her his real name.

Boss: OK, well did you know your manager, Steve, is an old friend of mine?
    SC: Oh...uhhh...
    Boss: And that I have his mobile number and everything?
    SC: Uhh...
    Boss: Why don't I give him a call, and tell him what you just said.
    SC: Oh...you don't have to do that...
    Boss: Oh no, I'm going to call him right now.
    SC: No, no, please don't....
    Boss: I'm going to. I'm also going to ask him what possessed him to hire you. You work in a pub yourself for goodness sake! You must know the kind of crap we put up with!
    SC: Please don't call him, please...
    Boss: I'll think about it. But I suggest you leave right away.
    SC: Ok...OK.

The SC returned to his table, and left with his girlfriend a couple of minutes later, leaving the full meals behind.

Boss: I'm still calling him.

Boss went into the office and made the call. I don't know much about what was said, but the SC is going to get a talking to from his boss.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    SC: Do you know where I fucking work, you fucking bitch? *Pub in other town*!! So don't bother ever coming in, because you might just get some spit in your food!
    Never mind your boss, I would phone his boss myself and inform him of the public threat to spit in my food if I ever went there.

seriously I can't see a restraunt or pub not firing their worker for something like that, and wouldn't eat at a place that didn't.

Comment

This reminds me of that scene in "Annie Hall" where Woody Allen pulls Marshall McCluhan out of nowhere and says "If only LIFE were like THIS."

I guess life is like this for some people.
      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

hahahaha FANTASTIC! This is the greatest payback story EVER!

Comment

Oh, good one! Here's hoping Mr SC does get put in his place...the unemployment line.

What a jackass! Kudos for your manager for standing up to the VIP. VIP does not, in this case, mean Very Important Person.
          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Wicked. But then again, he has it coming.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

what sort of muppet says out loud they'll spit in someones food??!!

i hope his boss does hear about this. he's giving the other pub a bad reputation

Comment

Quoth georgie View Post
                what sort of muppet says out loud they'll spit in someones food??!!
                Presumably none of Jim Henson's...

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
                  VIP does not, in this case, mean Very Important Person.
                  Very impatient prick then?

Comment

Quoth searssoulslave View Post
                    Very impatient prick then?
                    That, or Very Immense Prick, or Very Immense Penis, or maybe Very Impotent Prick, or Very Irritating Putz...he was what he was and that's all that he was-but he wasn't Popeye, the Sailor Man!

Can you tell I'm in a weird mood?

Another thought...Mr SC should have gone to the meat pie place under Mr. Sweeney Todd's barber shop for the pie there...and after he's had a few, get told the secret ingredient.

Jeffrey Dahmer's review of Todd's Pies-Four thumbs up.
                    Last edited by Boozy; 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: merging consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth lobo94
                      Another thought...Mr SC should have gone to the meat pie place under Mr. Sweeney Todd's barber shop for the pie there...and after he's had a few, get told the secret ingredient.
                      I'm thinking he should just go for a quick shave first...

And who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall when the SC's boss rips him a new one!!!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                        Boss: I'm going to. I'm also going to ask him what possessed him to hire you. You work in a pub yourself for goodness sake! You must know the kind of crap we put up with!
                        SC: Please don't call him, please...
                        Boss: I'll think about it. But I suggest you leave right away.
                        SC: Ok...OK.
                        Pwned! Plus the best part...you didn't have to do all of the hard work

Reminds me of a time when I was in college. I'd just enrolled, and my father and I were at the bank. We wanted to ask if I'd have any problems if I had to use the ATM, since I didn't have an account there. For whatever reason, the teller was being a bitch. She was simply being unhelpful (wouldn't give a straight answer), and after about 15 minutes of wasting time, we'd had enough.

We were pissed, but we got the last laugh. Did I mention that one of the senior VPs was a friend of my uncle's, and his dad...was in the Lion's Club with my grandfather? Oh, and my grandparents did most of their business out of that bank for 40-odd years? I'm sure that teller was shitting her pants, when, as soon as he got off the phone, we were all "Hey Mr. Morgan, how are you?" Needless to say, that teller wasn't there the next time I went into the bank...

With that said, it always amazes the hell out of me how quickly some people are to push others around....and then how quickly they are to back off when someone calls them on it. You simply can't get away with that sort of thing in a small town...

Also, I didn't use my "family connections" unless I had to. When I was growing up, my grandfather was a Lion, was into county politics, his church, etc....and tended to know everyone. He treated everyone, even his enemies (if he had any--to this day, I've never heard a bad word against him), with the utmost respect. That's why he had all those connections.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I know it's unlikely, but any chance of a follow-up?
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Yeah, you have to let us know what your manager ended up saying to the SC's boss, if you can.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                              I know it's unlikely, but any chance of a follow-up?
                              If Boss knows that CRML post here, she may be willing to tell what happened at the other bar? After all we'll all cheer and admire her, who can resist that .

Comment

Working...
                              X