X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickies at work

SC: "My phone doesn't work, I'm trying to dial pizza hut."
    Me: *see's the room is on a card* "One moment ma'am, and let me turn your phone on so you can dial out. Give me five seconds, then press 9 and dial out."
    SC: "My phone's not on? How can I call you then?"

SC: "What times does Pizza hut close?"
    Me: "Midnight."
    SC: "What time is it?"
    Me: "12:30 am."
    SC: "I've got time!"
    *bangs head on desk*

SC: "Hey look a card slot!"
    Me: "No no. Ma'am, that's for dollars. Please don't stick your card in there."
    SC: *puts card in dollar slot*
    Me: *Headdesk*
    Side Note: Yes, she got the card out and even better, she got change from me for a five.

Wow...Is there a permanent dent in your desk from your head hitting it yet? I don't know how you deal with these people, SHW! Just...Wow!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Not yet. But my friend and I have a 'bang head sign here' that's permanantly stuck on the bar.

Comment

I've got the opposite problem. We have an underground parking garage, and theres a drive-up thingy you have to put your room key into before the gate will open. We've actually had to stop using it and just leave the gate open all the time because people kept wedgeing coins into it, often getting them stuck so badly we'd have to dismantle the reader to get it out. And of course, the gate can't open until its fixed
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I had problems with a hotel phone last year, but we never descended into SC territory - just used our cell phones instead. Where I live, we've had 10-digit dialing for quite some time. I don't remember when we were last able to just dial the 7-digit phone #. When we were at a hotel in Bakersfield (the population is about 1.5x ours, according to Wikipedia). We kept getting errors that the call cannot be completed as dialed. Tried everything possible, except the 7-digit #. Found out after talking to my sister that they don't have 10-digit dialing yet. I thought they would have been doing that even longer than we have.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Probably a good thing we don't have a gate, we have idiots thatd crash it.

Comment

Working...
            X