This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, The Bad, and The D-bags

Tonight's shift at the c-store was mostly quiet, mostly uneventful (thankfully), except for one major deal. Let me break the night down according to my thread title.

The Good: Guy who propped the men's room door back open then way I'd had it propped to clean the restroom, after he used the restroom. Thanks, guy!

The Bad: Guy who scowled at me the entire time I waited on him, as if I'd kicked his puppy or something. WTF did I do to you, pal?

The Douchebags: Oh, these guys! The first guy comes in, literally throws a $10 at me, without a word, and heads for the bathroom with one of the two other guys he's with. With no info to go on, I assume he had the $10.05 in gas on pump 5, so I ring that up. A lot of running back and forth between store and parking lot, yelling across the lot to the pumps, etc happens. Guy goes outside, talks to his two cohorts, comes back in. One of them stays outside, and pumps $10 in gas. I get confused, thinking they pumped twice, so therefore are getting $10 more, and try to charge for that in addition to the coffee, chips and ice they get when they're done. Guy pumping the gas is a total asshole, grumpy, cussing at the douche that threw the money at me for handing him sugar for his coffee, etc. They insist they only had the $10 in gas that he just pumped. I start to get pissed, shoot eye daggers at them, but end up voiding out the transaction from when douche tossed the $10 at me, then ring them up for the $10 grumpy ass pumped, and the other stuff. In all that confusion, I still, hours later, can't figure out if someone was at that pump ahead of them, and I had a drive-off, or if they pumped twice, and only paid me for $10 of it. Oh, and guess who paid for the other $10.05? Me. **sigh** Can I have a vacation now? Please? I really wanted to tell Douchebag, "Look, asshole, you came in here, THREW a ten-dollar bill at me, and walked away without a word. WTF was I supposed to do?" How I refrained, I don't know. Thankfully, the rest of the night was calm!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Don't do anything until he gets back from the restroom?

But other than that, don't you know that you are supposed to read his mind?
    Began work Aug as casual '08
    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
    Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
      Don't do anything until he gets back from the restroom?
      *look down at landing spot of ten dollar bill, loudly* "Hurray! TIP!" *wait briefly while moron comes rushing back, pants around his ankles, and tries to explain* "No, no, by rights of 'Finders Keepers', this is now MY $10! God bye!"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think you were supposed to be responsible for paying when you have drive-offs. That seems very wrong. Also, do you have cameras? If D-bag pumped gas twice, you should have a nice clear image of a license plate to have him charged.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I know my boss can not make us pay for any shortages by law. I would look into that if I was you...

Comment

We're not supposed to pay for drive-offs, just for the record. I did it because it beats getting my ass chewed over a measly $10 in gas. Sort of a CYA, to avoid a possible write up, and a definite pissed off manager. The only place we have cameras is inside the store, unfortunately, so that wouldn't have helped. The one drawback of how our pumps are set up is there are no cameras, and when cars pull up, the side of them is toward the store, not the front or back, so it's hard to get plate #'s. Juwl, I love your idea! I wonder what he would've said then? In retrospect, I could've (probably should've) waited until d-bag got back from teh restroom, and could've asked if they were sure they only pumped gas once. Meh. I was so angry by the time they were done, I didn't care either way! Have I mentioned I want a different job???
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

True, they cannot legally make you pay for it.

But they can legally fire you. (In many areas. Even where they can't, they can still make work hell for you until you quit.)

Your call.
              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X