This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Warned You it Might Happen & You're Mad Anyway

BG: Whether I need ID from you for a check is determined by the system. You write out the check, I put it in the reader, & if ID's required, it tells me. If it is, I cannot take your check without an ID present for me to scan or punch in. The system won't let me. /BG So I had a conversation with a customer about all of this, and she decided to try to pay with a check without her ID. She knew what would happen if it came up. So we tried it, and sure enough, the system asked for her license. And since she couldn't buy her stuff (she didn't have any other form of payment and she lives 40 mins away), of course she stomped off all pissy that she'd just wasted an hour and a half shopping.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Meh, had someone do that once, too. Except the person then snarled "Hope you have fun reshopping everything!" before stomping off. *sigh*
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I hope I'm not the only one wondering how she got there without a license, as I'm assuming a 40 min trip means she drove.....
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I hope I'm not the only one wondering how she got there without a license, as I'm assuming a 40 min trip means she drove.....

Happens SO often it's not even funny. In my store, when you return something without a receipt, you need a license to do the transaction (I think that's pretty standard now, actually).

The amount of times someone has said to me, "I didn't bring my license,"and then gets pissed and walks out to the parking lot is mind boggling.

Comment

In my experience, a lot of customers refuse to show their ID's because they don't want to reveal their age. I once had a woman fill out a form for a library card, and she wrote under her birthdate, in big, angry letters, "Do NOT reveal this information!"

She was born in 1953, by the way.
          Last edited by Marxfan; 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM.
          "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

whats the big deal about people knowing your age.

when doing credit card apps. Women get sooooooo mad when i asked for the ID than get even more pissed when i enter the b-day.

Get over it ladies

Comment

My grandmother claimed to be 29 into her mid 60's.

The only reason she stopped was because she told her 6 year old grandson (hi) her actual age.

I told everbody, lol.

Of course now she's 87 and actually thinks she's 29 so, yeah...

I never leave the house without my license. Before I walk out the door I check my pockets "Wallet, keys, phone".

I also check my wallet every so often to make sure it's all still in there. How people can leave without that stuff boggles my mind.

Comment

With some people it's really hard to figure out their age; I've seen people who could be anywhere from 16 to 30, a 60YO who looked 30, and visa-versa. You're never safe!

As for ID, I thought if you bet pulled-over without your ID you have something like 10 days to present it. Honestly, sometimes I'm in a rush and forget my wallet.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm not sure if it's only women, because boy oh boy I have seen some male species of human really throw an epic fit over being carded as well.

They just don't want to. God dammit, I is specccciiiialll! I come here every day blargle blargle you should know me by nowwwww!!!!! Discount discount gift cards!!!!!111!!!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                    In my experience, a lot of customers refuse to show their ID's because they don't want to reveal their age. I once had a woman fill out a form for a library card, and she wrote under her birthdate, in big, angry letters, "Do NOT reveal this information!"

She was born in 1953, by the way.
                    The way we handle that sort of thing in my library system is by entering a generic year.......I think "1900" is what's used. (not being a circulation attendant, I'm not sure what the exact policy is)

Comment

IIRC, at least in Texas we are required to carry an ID on us at all times. I take it that this is not true everywhere?
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                        With some people it's really hard to figure out their age; I've seen people who could be anywhere from 16 to 30, a 60YO who looked 30, and visa-versa. You're never safe!

As for ID, I thought if you bet pulled-over without your ID you have something like 10 days to present it. Honestly, sometimes I'm in a rush and forget my wallet.
                        Every area may be different, of course, but everywhere I've lived, If you don't have your license, (or registration, or proof of insurance) with you, you have 3 days to present it at the police dept and pay a small fine around $25 or so, with no points on your DL, otherwise you'll be charged for driving without a DL (or insurance, etc) which will cost you about 10 times as much, and earn you a point or 2 on your DL, which in turn will cost you a lot more on your insurance.

I wasn't aware it was required to carry ID anywhere in North America. I'll skip fratching about that this time and just say it sure would save a lot of headaches for all of us who have to ask SC for ID if everyone did carry it.
                        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                          My grandmother claimed to be 29 into her mid 60's.

The only reason she stopped was because she told her 6 year old grandson (hi) her actual age.

I told everbody, lol.

Of course now she's 87 and actually thinks she's 29 so, yeah...

I never leave the house without my license. Before I walk out the door I check my pockets "Wallet, keys, phone".

I also check my wallet every so often to make sure it's all still in there. How people can leave without that stuff boggles my mind.
                          I call it my "pat dance," where I rhythmically slap my front two pockets and then my back two pockets to make sure I have the wallet, keys and phone.

Even sing the lyrics in my head. "Keys, phone, wallet, butt. Okay, I'm good."

Boredom has it's price.

Comment

Hey, I do the pat dance too!!

Although I usually don't include my butt on the list - I list my pocket knife instead. But if my fiance is there whilst I am doing it, he'll include my butt as he says I should never leave home without it.

Comment

Quoth Bronzebow View Post
                              Even sing the lyrics in my head. "Keys, phone, wallet, butt. Okay, I'm good."

Boredom has it's price.
                              That one actually made me laugh out loud.

I do it too, though. I don't do the dance though, I'm just not cool enough for that (and all my crap goes into my purse. I can't pat dance my purse, unfortunately)

"phone, glasses, keys, fare (bus fare), OK let's go!"
                              Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X