This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh? I....uh.....what?

Ladies and Gentlemen of CS, lend me your ears! (I'll return 'em, I promise.)

Now, you know that there are so many SCs out there who complain about very, very stupid things. In fact, that's the basis of a lot of posts about this forum. But this one has to take the cake.

I was checking a person through today, using my pleasant demeanor, my fast scanning skills, my bright smile, and my usual conversation pieces. After the transaction, I notice the customer in question has flagged down my manager.

I found out later from said manager what in fact her complaint was.

I smiled too much as she handed me the money.

....that is all.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen of CS, lend me your ears!
    *Removes ear with a ~pok~ and tosses it at her*

....what's wrong with people that they're starting to complain when you're being pleasant?
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      oh mel brooks...

but i am curious, GW...what did manager say to this complaint?
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
        oh mel brooks...

but i am curious, GW...what did manager say to this complaint?
        He was bewildered but amused. We had a good laugh about it after. "Hey, GW, you need to frown more!"
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
        Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

Sigh.

There goes what was left of my faith in humanity; that miserable customer crushed it with her miasma of unpleasantness!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I think that's a perfect example of someone just looking for any little thing to complain about.

Comment

It's amazing what people will complain about...
              There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Some people treat pleasant behavior with suspicion, as if you're hiding something. I know you did nothing wrong. SC is just a freak who is doomed to be miserable and complain about everything.
                "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

When people go shopping they shouldn't be concerned with if a cashier is smiling or not. So long as a cashier is able to do their job then what difference does it make what expression the poor slob has on their face?

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
                    He was bewildered but amused. We had a good laugh about it after. "Hey, GW, you need to frown more!"
                    I tend not to be awake enough to smile when I'm on an early shift. I have a regular who teases me about it all the time--I keep telling him to come back after noon (occasionally I'll switch it up with 'bring me caffiene!') and I'll smile at him then, but noooo, he only comes in at 7:30 AM.

Sunday I had someone at the returns desk tell me "Smile, it can't be that bad!" Just as he said that, the pile of reshop I was carrying shifted, a box of screws fell off the top, hit the ground, broke open, and scattered EVERYWHERE. He laughed and said "Never mind, it can!" I had to laugh at that one.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Was your customer named Darcy, by any chance?
                      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                      ~-~
                      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

It's official: there is no way to please a SC. I'm going to stop even trying

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        ...That's disgusting!
                        !
                        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Y'know, there are plenty of times where I'm pissed off, dead-tired, or otherwise just not in the mood for someone being all pleasant and cheerful at me.

But I'm sure as hell not gonna stick around longer and make a formal complaint about it.
                          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

ROFLOL. Wow... I just.... wow. That's hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                            X