This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Check Customer

Yesterday, a customer wanted to cash a payroll check. When I put in through the system, it turned out that he wasn't registered. He told me that he got a check cashed at the store the previous week. I mentioned that whoever did it probably didn't do it right and prepared to get his check registered in the system.

It turned out that the customer had a passport for ID and since I couldn't remember the code, I asked another coworker. It turned out that the passport wasn't an acceptable form of ID for a payroll check. The customer once again mentioned that he was able to get the check cashed with the passport the previous week. The coworker mentioned that the employee did him a favor, that he wasn't supposed to do that, and the customer left without getting the check cashed.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I'm thinking the co-worker, I end up with a lot of people like this, "well so and so did it for me last week". I more want to strangle my co-workers than the customer.

Comment

That or the guy was lying. The majority just seem to be full of it. It's odd you can't take a passport though, unless it's from another country?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        That or the guy was lying. The majority just seem to be full of it. It's odd you can't take a passport though, unless it's from another country?
        Doesn't surprise me, honestly. If I had a customer come through my lane at the grocery store try to use a passport as ID I'd have to make things up as I went or call for management/boothie/whoever to tell me how to enter it (granted, I'm just a backup for register, not there day in and day out). It's just not common for a U.S. citizen to even have a passport (other than border areas, I know they've recently cracked down on having them on the Northern border for crossing) much less actually use it as an ID for anything beyond leaving the country.

Comment

It must vary by store/state, I'm not sure which. At the place I worked at previously that cashed checks, we would take passports, and out of the country driver's licenses as well.

The only other rule was that the address on the check had to match the address on the ID, and that would make people flip shit, because not everyone would enforce it (big surprise).
          Last edited by malmalthekiller; 06-19-2010, 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Just a reminder before it starts to not turn the thread into a discussion of whether passports should be allowed as ID for checks.

That line of discussion is irrelevant, since purplecat's store obviously does not allow it.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X