This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an sc complains about me

ive got a pretty cool job.i look at peoples eyes and if theyre healthy enough i have a chat with them about their work and pastimes,then recommend the type of contact lenses that i think would be best for them.i also see them for follow up checks and thats about my whole day.in between patients and if people dont show up,my day is pretty much my own.i surf the internet,read a book or have a coffee and a smoke out the back.im a fairly good guy though,if its busy on the shop floor ill help out.answer the phone,do minor repairs to specs etc.the owner called me into his office a couple of hours ago and asked me if id made an appointment for a lady earlier and yes i had.apparently after id spoken to her she was so outraged she had to call back and complain to the person in charge.what did i do?it seems i didnt sound "happy enough."well lady this is an optical practice,you want "happy"phone the circus.

Quoth the optician View Post
    ...you want "happy" phone the circus.
    He's out back with Snow White.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You didn't sound happy enough on the phone? And she's outraged??? O_o

Welcome, by the way.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Lady, you're outraged because someone at your optician's didn't sound happy enuogh? Fuck you. Fuck you and the camel you rode in on. Fuck you and the camel you rode in on sideways with a rusty fucking chainsaw.

You want outrage?

Talk to someone living along the Gulf Coast as we wonder if our economy and ecology will be ruined for decades because of the greed and incompetence of a major oil company.

Talk to someone who lost their home in Hurricane Katrina and had to relocate to another part of the country they were completely unfamiliar with.

Talk to veterans who didn't receive the health care they needed and earned by serving their country due to incompetence and inefficiency within the system.

You want outrage, lady? I'll give you fucking outrage, for these and other things that warrant it. YOUR fucking complaint warrants, if anything, minor irritation. Like shit that gets stuck in your asshole and you can't scrape off. Not familiar with that particular phenomenon? Look in the mirror.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I once had a man leave the store only to turn right back around and storm back in to complain to the manager..What was the ungodly offense that disrupted his ability to live....I did not say hello when he walked up....(Only bc I was called upon by the young new employee next to me the very second he approached....All but 3 cashiers including myself called out on a Saturday)

Comment

try getting an e-mail from your boss stating that you don't sound happy and cheerful in your e-mails. wtf does he want?? little smilies and shit in a business e-mail to customers and clients? like that's professional.

p.s. - jester, you're the cherry and non-dairy whipped cream on an awesomesauce cake
            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Jester, as one of those vets you're talking about, I salute your legitimate outrage. Thank you.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

A manager once told me an email I had sent was unfriendly. I asked him to explain how I could tell someone in a friendly way that we had closed his account, cancelled his order and kept his fee because he had failed to respond to our repeated requests for information we needed to complete the order. Telling someone that and then adding 'have a nice day' at the end seems a wee bit sarcastic.

Comment

I've seen more than a few of those BS complaints.

"They didn't seem happy enough"

"They didn't look like they were working hard enough"

"They didn't SMILE."

It's all bull. Those are the reviews from the people who are sad, pathetic losers and only shop to have someone wait on them and kiss their ass.

Those are the people who go for the performance of retail. I do the training where I work and I make a point to tell the new people that retail and business is all an ACT. Its how to act happy when your miserable, how to kiss the right asses, and when to pretend you're sorry and calm when you're really seething with anger.

You're supposed to leave everything that makes you human at the door and be a bright, chipper, inhuman sunspot that makes people think they've walked into disney world rather than a store.

Customers are more comfortable when you're just some abstract robot and not a human being whose mother died last week.

And when they're comfortable they spend more money. Volia!

Comment

I've told this story before, but I once had a customer leave the store, and storm right back in, to yell at me for putting his receipt in the bag with his purchase.
                    "I wanted it in my hand!"
                    M: "My manager just told me two days ago not to bother asking, it wastes time, and you still got your receipt, yes?"
                    "I now want your name and your manager's name! I'm going to call and complain about you."
                    I gave both happily, if a bit puzzled, he went his way, and I never heard anything about it.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Lady, you're outraged because someone at your optician's didn't sound happy enuogh? Fuck you. Fuck you and the camel you rode in on. Fuck you and the camel you rode in on sideways with a rusty fucking chainsaw.

You want outrage?

Talk to someone living along the Gulf Coast as we wonder if our economy and ecology will be ruined for decades because of the greed and incompetence of a major oil company.

Talk to someone who lost their home in Hurricane Katrina and had to relocate to another part of the country they were completely unfamiliar with.

Talk to veterans who didn't receive the health care they needed and earned by serving their country due to incompetence and inefficiency within the system.

You want outrage, lady? I'll give you fucking outrage, for these and other things that warrant it. YOUR fucking complaint warrants, if anything, minor irritation. Like shit that gets stuck in your asshole and you can't scrape off. Not familiar with that particular phenomenon? Look in the mirror.
                      Bravo, Jester. I couldn't have said it better myself. I angers me when people complain about stupid and petty bullshit when there are serious problems in the world. Unfortunately, there will always be some who think the world revolves around them.
                      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Welcome to ! That lady should've also made an appointment for a cranial-rectal extraction lodging such a trivial complaint like that.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                          Those are the people who go for the performance of retail.
                          Now on Broadway! Retail! In it's 5th sell out week!
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Yes, but it's a bad show. The critics are legion, and there aren't enough people to play the role of 'workforce.'
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                              Yes, but it's a bad show. The critics are legion, and there aren't enough people to play the role of 'workforce.'
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X