X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does dorkyness become suckyness

Hey Yall

Me and my beautiful ultra great girlfriend were in the Mckie ds drive through and she kinda jokingly told the guy at the window after transaction and food was given " Hey !! where are our darn straws"
    I knew she was joking the dude knew she was joking but it did pose a interesting question on our behaviors when WE are the customers
    Any thoughts?

it depends; if it's something fairly original, then i'll probably find it funny or just think you're dorks and drive on...but if it's a dreaded 'funny,' such as 'oh, that must be free' or something oft repeated yet NEVER funny, then hell no-it's the death glare of doom for you.

i appreciate those who try to be original; those who are stupid, well...
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow, I thought you meant actual dorkiness.......like one of my exes, the brown nosing asskissing loser. He's part of the reason I stereotype video-gamers so much. This guy was so obsessed with video games, that he had to have the newest consoles THE DAY that they came out, and the newest video games THE DAY they came out (he always bragged about being the 2nd or 3rd person to score a PS2 and XBox360 back in the day, and word around the machines at work is he was one of the first to score the PS3 this fall, but I digress). He'd call around every video game store in town to see which day they'd come out (to make sure everyone was in sync and in case one was sold out). Then he made a note in his cell phone to pop up on that day (but he'd already had it memorized anyway for sure). Well, his first choice of game stores had made a mistake for the video game Dead Rising (or some zombie sort of game, I forget), and it was actually not coming out that day. When he went to the store and found out the news, he literally tore the poor clerk a new asshole over it, raising his voice and name calling the poor clerk. I know this because he called me up irate and bragging up a storm about making that "loser at the store" feel how he felt for being let down, and he was so angry that he couldn't be the first to have that game that he had to go home and lie down and let that all in. Yeah....loser. LOL. That is a real story of how dorkiness turns into suckiness!

But what you're talking about....I do that all the time! Sometimes I order through the drive thru with my Queens, NY accent (lol) or my mafia voice, and I've been known to slip a "Thanks gorgeous!" to the poor, unsuspecting 16 year old boys at Mickey D's....teehehehee....they blush over it. That stuff is funny.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        This guy was so obsessed with video games, that he had to have the newest consoles THE DAY that they came out, and the newest video games THE DAY they came out
        He wasn't this guy, was he?

http://www.filecabi.net/video/wii-fan.html

(Language warning, i think)
        No good news is good bad news

Comment

There's nothing funnier than going through the drive thru and specifying your order is "to go". Unless it's saying that it's "for here".
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cedophile View Post
            (Language warning, i think)
            Kinda hard to tell what he's saying at points... Been up a few days too long, hasn't he?

My brother and I are on the cutting edge of gaming tech... from five or so years ago.

Yup, he got a PS2 from his fiancee for Christmas.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Nope that wasn't him lol. My ex would have had time in line to pomade his hair and bleach his teeth.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Nope that wasn't him lol. My ex would have had time in line to pomade his hair and bleach his teeth.
                An embarassment to all gamers worldwide. He ain't a game,r just an overlly obsessed lunatic.

As for the topic, I do so on occassion, and do get chatty with the clerks, but only if it isn't terribly busy, and at Gamestop they seem to appreciate someone who knows their stuff for a change and isn't a stuck up ass.

Comment

Quoth kurisu7885 View Post
                  As for the topic, I do so on occassion, and do get chatty with the clerks, but only if it isn't terribly busy, and at Gamestop they seem to appreciate someone who knows their stuff for a change and isn't a stuck up ass.
                  I'm guilty of that myself. Not too long ago, one of the new train magazines came in. I couldn't resist pointing out that I'd actually *driven* a similar locomotive, a little 25-ton Plymouth switcher, at a museum the previous year. He replied with something along the lines of "you lucky bastard." He was into trains, but never got the opportunity--several museums offer "engineer for a day" programs, but they're expensive. And no, I didn't tell him it was a freebie--it was being put into storage, and the director wanted the fuel tank drained, so I got to run back and forth outside the engine shed for a few minutes
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had to stop at the first minute. I couldn't take anymore. I'm sorry, I don't get why anyone wants, nay, NEEDS to wait in line for this. I want to have the new systems but I also want a decent game library to be out so I'm not stuck with one or two games I like for a long time.

Comment

I could never figure that one out either. I like getting new toys too...but I'm not about to wait in line for them. Besides, why pay full price when you can find it used or even cut-price months later?

For example, last year Bowser released their HO scale N8 caboose kit in Penn Central colors. Naturally, as a PC modeler, I wanted one. That is, until I found out that the kit was going for about $30 I held back, but I know a few guys who just *had* to have one, and ended up paying not only full-price, but shipping costs too! Months later, I found one (half off, yay!) in a Strasburg, PA hobby shop. And no, I'm not going to tell them that. I take comfort knowing I saved a few bucks...which can be put into other projects. BTW, that caboose is still in the box!
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I love your avatar RogueOne!!!

Back on topic....I really don't get the concept either.......I mean, people could call me a dork for seeing Star Wars Episode 3 the day it came out.......but I didn't know that morning when I woke up that I'd be pushed to the edge at my job and quit, to go be treated by my friends to opening night of Revenge of the Sith. I love Star Wars, I truly do, but I would not have camped out for hours waiting for the premiere at our local theater, nor would I have driven all the way to bigger cities in WI or MN if it premiered sooner there. It was just a pleasant surprise and a wonderful night (and a small crowd, wooooo!).

I'm terribly sorry that a thread with dorkiness meant to signify a customer joking around got switched to actual dorks......but when I think dorkiness turned SC I can't help but think of people like my ex and his gamer buddies I work with and their obsession with having the newest and coolest video games and electronic gadgets the second that they come out.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have a new one when I buy my armor. Hell, I saw Ep III opening day, but it was 10:30 AM and the theater was pretty empty. Of course, I think it opened on a Thursday, so that helped.

Comment

My group of friends and I were dorks- we saw all the Star Wars movies opening day. If I recall properly, we did not wait in line to buy tickets, but for one of the movies one of our members skipped school and waited to buy tickets for all of us we all went together to see the movie afterwards. And yes, I have the action figure of Luke from Return of the Jedi- and it has the wrong movie release date printed on the box

Episode III was the only one we didn't see opening day...by then we were so disappointed in the new episodes...I made it a point to see it in theaters only because I had seen the other 5 in the series...
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Sometimes, if i'm asking for something complicated, i'll say "Sorry to be a customer but..." It's a bit dorky but it's easier to say than "Sorry to ask you to do this and i know that its out of the ordinary and time consuming and annoying but..."

Maybe even that is sucky...

And I've seen all the SW episodes in the theaters, camping out for Ep I. My mom was 5 months pregnant with me in 1977 but that counts... right?
                              Last edited by Getoutofmylobby; 01-03-2007, 01:36 AM. Reason: no Star Wars reference

Comment

Working...
                              X