This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indecisive Customers

I have had customers who are indecisive before, some will take week to chose a paint color taking samples and even quarts of sample colors before making up their minds, but the guy today was the King of Indecision.

He needed a Heat Only Thermostat.

That's easy as we only have three types in stock, Good, Better and Best (Well actually the "good" one breaks with a hard glance and is worthless)

But this guy seemed to know what he wanted; he wanted one with two wires, mercury switch and other details.

Then he asked the same questions again,....and again,.... and again.

Yes, this one is Heat only!
    Yes, this one has two wire conection!
    Yes, it has a mercury switch

Finally I thought I was done and went on to other custmers, but then I was called up to the check out where I find he has opened the package and has all of its parts over the counter and wants to know....
    (sing along with me)
    Is it Heat Only?
    Does it have two wire conection?
    Does it have a Mercury Switch?
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Time to bring in the shockey monkey.

Comment

"Are you SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE? I just wanted to make sure!!!!"
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No sir, I just lied to you the first n times to see what your reaction would be... fecktard.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

How about those wonderful gimp customers who obviously don't believe what you tell them?
          "Is this compatible with that?"
          "Yes, ma'am. It'll work with this or that or that purple thing over there with nary a problem!"
          "Okay. I see. Yes." Beat. "Is there someone else I can ask?"
          Stare. Blink. Sigh.
          Get another sales person.
          Customer asks exact same question.
          Gets same exact answer.
          "Okay. I see. Yes."
          Brain fart.
          "I'll take it!" Beat. "Can I return it if it isn't compatible?"
          ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Ah...the people who don't believe me....
            The latest one was a transfer from another pharmacy, and one of his meds had been discontinued by the manufacturer. I called him, explained the situation, and offered to call the doctor to have it changed to a similar one.
            Well. He didn't WANT to change it. The other pharmacy had it just last month. Yeah, genius, so did we, but guess what, we have since run out and can't get any more. Such is the nature of a discontinued product.

We went over this 3 times on 3 different days.....sigh.....too bad there isn't a pill for stupidity....

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              We went over this 3 times on 3 different days.....sigh.....too bad there isn't a pill for stupidity....
              Yes there is...but the dispensing of said pills could get you arrested...
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
              X