This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 Hot Wings

Middle of the day, on the 31st, I have a half-senile old man in front of me.
    "Are you the one that's working today?"
    ... That would explain why I'm wearing a M&P's uniform.....
    "I'll take six honey wings, and a pound of ham"
    "...I ... don't know how to sell ham."
    "I just need a pound of it"
    "I don't know where we keep it, or what the price is"
    (Takes over 5 minutes to find someone who DOES know where the ham is, and another 5 to find the price)

I look at the clock. 6:50. I look forward. Six people standing around, all wanting hot wings. There's 50 in the case. Problem? All 50 are reserved for someone who called in two weeks ago .
    "How can you guys not be cooking anymore? I wanted hot wings!"
    "...Well, it's 10 minutes before we close on New Year's Eve... we aren't cooking any more"
    "But I promised the guys I'd get them hot wings!"
    "You should have called in beforehand. There's nothing I can do about it now. Have a happy new year."
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. SCs never understand that.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I like the people that don't call ahead for a big order like when I was in the Pizza Business. You cannot tell me that you didn't know you needed 40 large pizzas until the last second. I actually had someone call me in the middle of a lunch rush and ask for that.

Comment

It must have been one of those 'spur-of-the-moment' New Years Eve parties... the ones that nobody had any warning whatsoever was gonna happen. There's a bunch of people sitting around... suddenly, PARTY!
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

On New Year's Eve, everyone and their cousin's roommate came in for wings. Good thing they wanted a few or up to a pound each. (And these people don't count who ordered ahead of time.) At least they were nice about having to wait while more were made. Sometimes customers aren't so bad.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Quicksilver View Post
            I like the people that don't call ahead for a big order like when I was in the Pizza Business. You cannot tell me that you didn't know you needed 40 large pizzas until the last second. I actually had someone call me in the middle of a lunch rush and ask for that.
            That's happened to me several times. Sometimes, if it were simply too busy, we'd have to turn the order away - or they just wouldn't get the large order discount. During a busy rush usually, I have to tell them that
            "I can't really guaratee a delivery time. . . " some people were cool with it. It's sad to see that some people are completely incapable of preparing early.
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
            X