This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your stolen coffee isn't fresh?

We're back to having an opener and closer and no midshift, so we all have to run our butts off all day to get everything done. I'm basically a cashier, short order cook, food prep person, and in the mornings, a waitress. Today I worked 6 hours with a 15-min break. Last night was NYE and I still had to be at work at 7:00. I came in and did my job well with a smile all day.

In the mornings I have my senior mall walkers, so I keep the coffee going, 2 pots of each. After they leave I only run one pot of each kind. Most of what I sell is soda or icee anyway. I ran my butt off all day today and the last ten min of my shift, an older lady ordered a hot dog combo. Ok, that's with a soda, which is pictured and all my regulars know this. I gave her a soda cup. I went around the counter to deliver something to another customer after I'd served her. So the hot dog lady says, with a smirk in her voice, "Coffee's cold." She had a coffee lid on her cup. If she hadn't been taking coffee when she paid for a soda, she wouldn't have known that. That coffee was almost 4 hours old, and my coworker would have changed it out when I left. I've temped 6-hour coffee and it was still hot. Even if by some strange event, it was cold, it should have made no difference to her. I KNOW HOW TO DO MY JOB. When she interrupted my next transaction to ask for napkins, I was not about to go to the back to get some. I pointed her in the direction of the other dispensor.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X