This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, sir.

It was hard not to burst into laughter while the guy was still in my window.

He came into my window with his ID and his Players Card. I figured he wanted to write a check.

SC: I need money.

Me: okay...

SC: I was wondering... I cashed a check here earlier today would it be possible to cash another one without a check?

Me: You need a check...

SC: There's no other way to get money?

Me: If you have a credit line we can get a marker but otherwise you will need to have another check.

He didn't have a credit line with us.

SC: I can't use the one from this morning?

Me: No sir...

You mean the one that you cashed earlier!? The one that's already been deposited? The only thing people can do is buy them back not recycle them!

SC: oh well, thanks.

To try to give him an out, I will say that I know a lot of people (you'd be surprised!) that don't actually know how checks work because they've never actually written them. They think "using a check" is when they go online and put the routing number and account number in somewhere to do an automatic draft. And for that, you CAN use the same check more than once, cause you're just pulling the numbers.

Now that's probably not the train of thought HE had, but I do know, personally, people that think like that.

And yes, it depresses me to think people are that stupid.
    "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Is it a bad thing to hear your brain cells screaming as they die in disbelief?
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Could he possibly be related to the guy who says, "I can't be overdrawn! I still have some checks left!"
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
          Is it a bad thing to hear your brain cells screaming as they die in disbelief?

As long as enough remain for you to still be functional, it's OK.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Trouble is, you never know how many "extras" you have. You'll wind up doing things like this yourself and not even realize what you've lost.
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X