This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to be helpful.

I was processing a transaction earlier today. The man paid with a credit card, an unsigned credit card, but I stopped asking for I.D. when presented with one of those a while ago. (Though I do still check signatures.) I handed him the slip and a pen. He made an X on the signature line and then began the long, drawn-out process of marking over his credit card number with a ball-point pen. There was a line behind him, and these guys usually flip the slip over and mark out the area where the ink of their credit card numbers bled through the paper as well.

I don't take this as a personal affront, seeing as the credit card slips find their way to hands other than mine before making their way to Visa. Instead, I offer to help. I say, "Actually sah, it'd probably be quicker if I let you use this marker." The marker I proffer is red, but I drag it across the credit card number on his slip and demonstrate that under it the ink of the carbon paper disappears. "There we go," I say, and take the slip from him. Smiling, I look up and discover that he has lent uncomfortably close to me and is giving me the Evil Eye. Seeing as the transaction is officially over, I lean to the side and say, "I can help the next person in line." He backed off at that point, but he continued to stare at me until his food was ready.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Maybe he thought, you were going to steal his identity. And his.....yeah I have nothing.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Duh. You just ruined his image!

Now, he's not only paranoid, annoying and selfish... he's dumb, too!
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
      X