This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Projectile Vomit Sniper

Way back at the first store I worked at, I had some departments to maintain. You know... handle the ordering, stock the shelves, enforce plano compliance and facing.

One day, I'm going through and giving my frames & pic albums department a once-over, when I notice some vomit on the bottom shelf.

Huh. It's all the way at the back of the shelf, and the product is completely unsoiled.

Check the shelf above it... nope. Nothing there. Nothing on the floor. How OLD is this stuff???

The only thing that I can think of is either:

1. This person could snipe a playing card at 100 yards with his , or
    2. This person started feeling really bad, but didn't want to be embarrassed by throwing up on the floor where everyone can see, so just look for a mostly empty shelf and move the product out of the way.

Whee. Thank goodness for kitty litter.

I have witnessed 5 customers vomiting (or their aftereffects) since I started working for this company. Is that a lot?
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

ick, i can't handle vomit. not at all! luckily when I was working at the CD store, only one upchuck incident occurred - and when they tried to make me clean it up i promptly turned green! they realised i'd just add to the problem and put one of their more iron-stomached ppls on the job!
    how long have you been working there for? if it's like a year or something, then it's probably not alot...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

5? At the same company? In what kind of time frame?
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

5 seems like a lot, but it depends on the job and, as has been said, the timeframe. I've personally never had to clean up vomit at any of my jobs... oh wait that's a lie, I was a camp counselor once...
        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Technically, it was 3 vomits at the first store (was there for 6 months) and 2 at the second store (was there for 3 months).

Vomit-free at store #3!
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Comment

I'm right there with you. I don't do vomit, and I don't do shit.

My last couple jobs didn't pay enough that it mattered to me if I kept them or not. They also didn't pay me enough to perform any jobs requiring me to wear rubber gloves. I made that abundantly clear early on.

My current job matters, but I dont' have to deal with customers and their vile bodily fluids. Which is one reason it DOES matter.

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
              I have witnessed 5 customers vomiting (or their aftereffects)
              If I were to witness someone vomiting, I'd provide some aftereffects, myself. (Puking is like yawning, you know.)
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

5 doesn't sound like alot to me. In the 5 years I was at the movie theatre, I had to clean adult puke on average twice a week, and kiddy puke at least 3 or 4 times a week*. Then Blair Witch came out and adult puke incidents skyrocketed to 2-3 an hour!!! God that movie sucked.

I differentiate adult vs kid puke because 9 times out of 10 kiddy puke was due to someone giving a chile WAYYYY to much sugar, so usually it wasn't to smelly or vile. OTOH, adult puke had usually been stewing for a while and was almost enough to make me puke too.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  I differentiate adult vs kid puke because 9 times out of 10 kiddy puke was due to someone giving a chile WAYYYY to much sugar, so usually it wasn't to smelly or vile. OTOH, adult puke had usually been stewing for a while and was almost enough to make me puke too.
                  Which just goes to show you... do it enough, and it becomes a science (I don't dare call this an art form ).
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                    Technically, it was 3 vomits at the first store (was there for 6 months) and 2 at the second store (was there for 3 months).

Vomit-free at store #3!
                    you just jinxed yourself you know.

Comment

I've had to clean up vomit working at the photo studios...you're dealing with children, and babies...some of them are bound to be sick once in awhile. I didn't usually mind, because the GOOD parents would help clean the mess, apologize and come back when their child was well...

(grossness ahead!)
                      Only one incident comes to mind where I seriously wanted to throttle the parent ...Her kid puked all over the carpet in the front lobby... Not only did she not offer to clean up, but when we suggested she reschedule because her son was CLEARLY not feeling well, she threw a hissy fit because she had a coupon for a free picture she HAD to use that DAY since it was expiring. (check purchase history, customer spent 0 dollars for the past however many years she had been coming). Her child got sick AGAIN, and we asked her to leave as there were other children, not to mention the health of our own employees to think about... she kept refusing until FINALLY one of the other manager's got her out of the store... yuck... and it was chunky, nasty, macaroni and cheese puke from a 4 year old... I can still picture it, and it still makes me sick to my stomach...
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

At Target I was the regular person to call to clean up puke and other bodily fluids. As far as puke goes, I lost count long ago on how many times I've had to clean that up. It really doesn't faze me anymore, I can and have eaten food while cleaning up puke, just to see the look I would get from people.

Crap is another story altogether though. It's pretty shocking how many normal looking adults crap their pants in public. I've posted those stories before on previous incarnations of CS.
                        "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

When I work the party venue, I witness at least 3-4 events of vomitters a night due to beer and the drugs going around. If the show is notorious for having a wasted crowd the number increases, most I've witnessed was 30 or 40 events of that at a country music show.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

*This may be a repost. At any rate, it's a funny story lol*

I was actually on the production end of a vomit...incident. It wasn't really my fault though - honest! We were all out to Olive Garden to celebrate one of my roommates' thesis presentation. The meal had gone relatively smooth, considering four of the people there (including me) were reponsible for the shaving cream fight a few months before. So C, one of my roommates, orders a caramel macchiato, or something of the like. Well, it came out as a cappucino due to miscommunication between the server and the kitchen. So she got to keep the cappucino, and the server went to get the correct drink. Well, I wanted to try the cappucino. Everyone at the table adamantly protested because caffeine + me = a cro-bar is necessary to get me off the ceiling. WELL, I talked them into letting me have a SIP. While I'm taking said sip, J says "well, it's too late now" - meaning I'm gonna have as much as I want. That struck me as REALLY funny, but that was really bad with cappucino in my mouth. I started laughing. HARD. I managed to spit what was in my mouth back in the cup so J wouldn't wind up wearing it (she was sitting across the table from me). I tried to breathe, but it wasn't happening. Yeah, I was choking on cappucino. After what seemed like five minutes, but was probably only like one or so, I felt that familiar feeling. "Aw, crap". Yeah...I covered my mouth, but it oozed between my fingers (N's words). I managed to get most of it in an empty bowl that was on the table, but I still decorated the table. I cleaned up the table, then went to the bathroom to wash up (still with tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard). I had a white shirt on, and it didn't have a spot on it. I call that talent! (And yeah, we left a big tip. You never would have known...until you picked up the bread basket I shoved all the napkins and the bowl into. But that's an easy dump-job lol.)
                            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

When I worked at the bookstore, I was helping a customer find a book one day and the location of the book required me to kneel down to a lower shelf. The customer sneezed. Wetly. All over the back of my neck. I had my hair up that day, so it was juicy. I turned around in disbelief--she didn't excuse herself or anything--and said, "Gesundheit." She said nothing. Ew.
                              He loves the world...except for all the people.
                              --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
                              X