Clear All

• RIP MY Faith In Humanity

Me: Good Afternoon, XYZ Company.
    SC: Hi, Speedy Dry Cleaners?
    Me: I'm sorry, this is XYZ Company.
    SC: So this isn't Speedy?
    Me: No, ma'am, I believe you've dialed the wrong n-
    SC: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes, ma'am, I'm positive. We sell financial data, we do not do dry cleaning.
    SC: If you say so....jackass!

Yes, that's right, I'm the jackass in this exchange.

And I thought the "Are you sure?" part was bad. I got that once when I got a wrong-number call at my old apartment. Most people will accept it when you tell them there's no one there by that name, but this one asked me if I was sure. I'm pretty sure that if someone else was living there with me, I'd know about it.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wait, are you new to the world of working with customers? You just lost your faith in humanity, now???
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I saw the title of this thread.
        "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Ok, I thought of a superpower I'd like to have: The ability to make someone's head explode through the phone line.

Comment

How dare you not change your whole company into a dry cleaners because a customer* dialed the wrong number! No wonder she called you a jackass!

*can we call someone who has not bought from the company and has no intention to buy and just got there by accident a customer?
            free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
              Wait, are you new to the world of working with customers? You just lost your faith in humanity, now???
              Touche. I suppose it was on life support previously, this sad incident just pulled the proverbial plug.

Comment

Just like Mike, I've had people call my phone, ask for someone who would definitely not be 'Juwl', and get snippy with me when I told them they had a wrong number.
                "Are you sure?"
                M: *look around my bedroom, where the computer and phone are, empty room, no one else in the house* "Yes, I'm sure. The only person here is me, and the voices in my head... Did Linda get out again?"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That's when you say, "here, let me transfer you . . ."

*Click.*
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth nick1091 View Post
                    Me: Good Afternoon, XYZ Company.
                    SC: Hi, Speedy Dry Cleaners?
                    Me: I'm sorry, this is XYZ Company.
                    SC: So this isn't Speedy?
                    Me: No, ma'am, I believe you've dialed the wrong n-
                    SC: Are you sure?
                    "No, you're right, you caught us. No ma'am. That was the silk dress? Um... well, we ran it through the wash. No, the laundomat next door. Yes, we do know what water does to silk. At least now, we do...."

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      I got that once when I got a wrong-number call at my old apartment. Most people will accept it when you tell them there's no one there by that name, but this one asked me if I was sure.
                      Can't win, don't try. I've had that with them giving the number they wanted to call (off by a digit or two) and TOLD them that not only was there no one there by the name they were asking for, they ALSO had the wrong number. But...I was the one who was wrong...
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I get that a lot when people call my house for someone who doesnt live here. We've had this number for about 3 years now and so when creditors call for Ramon Turnego, they always ask me "are you SURE he doesnt live there?!" after Ive told them 3 or 4 times that he doesnt live here and we've had this number for 3 years.

I get the same at work. "Are you SURE this isnt 'blah comapny?'"

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          And I thought the "Are you sure?" part was bad. I got that once when I got a wrong-number call at my old apartment. Most people will accept it when you tell them there's no one there by that name, but this one asked me if I was sure. I'm pretty sure that if someone else was living there with me, I'd know about it.
                          I had some woman at my door one time asking for someone. When I told her she had the wrong apartment, she pulled out the "Are you sure?" line while trying to look over my shoulder into my place! Like she was hiding. Believe me, my place isn't that big, I'm going to notice another person pretty quick!

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                          "No, you're right, you caught us. No ma'am. That was the silk dress? Um... well, we ran it through the wash. No, the laundomat next door. Yes, we do know what water does to silk. At least now, we do...."
                          Ooh, one for the fashion major! Not necessarily. Usually, the only reason silk garments need to be dry cleaned is because the fabric itself was not preshrunk before it was cut and sewn.

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post
                          We've had this number for about 3 years now and so when creditors call for Ramon Turnego, they always ask me "are you SURE he doesnt live there?!" after Ive told them 3 or 4 times that he doesnt live here and we've had this number for 3 years.
                          We'll get that occasionally at the house. Except my mom has had the same phone number since before my parents got married, about 38 years. So we're really, really sure so-and-so doesn't live there!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

When my ex and I were together, we had 2 cell phones on a plan (in my name only). When we broke up, instead of going through the hassle and expense of having it turned off, paying for it without using it, etc, I let a friend use it. He stopped paying his share, I repo'd it and after about 3 months of it setting, gave it to my bf for emergencies. Even after spending weeks answering the phone and telling people that it wasn't Jim's phone, and when they find Jim, to tell him to pay his bills, we still get a lot of calls. (WTF was this guy doing with my phone?!)

Stripper (yes, she's at the local club): Hello, is Jim there?
                            BF: This is no longer his phone, he doesn't pay his bills.
                            Stripper: Teehee, he had no problem paying me! (WTH?)
                            BF (instajackass): So was that an expensive one time thing, or a cheap buncha times?
                            Stripper: Quit the hatin, honey, and put Jim on.
                            BF: Its not his phone and he's not here.
                            Stripper: Quit bein an ass, he ain't got no reason to hide from me, put him on.
                            BF: Its not his phone, and he's not here.
                            (Rinse repeat a few times).
                            BF (grinning evilly at me): Listen, *lady* Jim's not coming to the phone. He screwed my girlfriend out of a chunk of change, so he'll be spending all of his time up in the attic on a live internet cam feed with that broomstick up his ass until he's made enough money to cover his debt, and I certainly don't feel like pulling down the ladder and wedging my happy ass in the crawl space so your syphilis infested cottage cheese ass can talk to him.
                            Stripper: *brain assplosion*

He may be weird, tactless, and undiplomatic, but I love my boyfriend.
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                              Ok, I thought of a superpower I'd like to have: The ability to make someone's head explode through the phone line.
                              I'd like to have the power to do that IN PERSON.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X