This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ooops. Heeheehee."

I had some lady return an entire BOX full of hand sanitizer, the 8 oz "Aid of Rite" brand, a different, also 8 oz size brand plus some wet wipes and she had a receipt for all of them. Do you know how HEAVY they are? There were at least a dozen bottles of hand sanitizer and 6 of the wet wipes. I had to teeter them on a cart and wheel them to the skin care aisle. Of course the slot for them was full. I'm about ready to put them back when some other pushy woman comes up behind me and pushes the cart out of the way.

CRASH. SPLATTER.

"Oooops I'm so sorry. At least nothing broke! *walks away!*"

One broke. I was SO MAD. Because I had to clean it up before the alcohol began to eat into the floor wax.

Bonus: More "Eastern Union" Buffoonery

I posted a story about some guy who abused me about him being "deaf" and demanding a personal apology and then later coming into the store and being a rude pushy dick about an "Eastern Union" transfer that he wanted to make.

Well his buddy (if I remember-it's been some time since) came back today and began to abuse poor SM about the "Eastern Union" he wanted to, and fuck this and shit that and bitch this and screw you that. He shut up rather quickly when cashier Ih came by and stood quietly in the corner where the photo counter and the entrance behind the cash registers begins. One of my customers warned me about the guy that he was being abusive, but he left a few minutes later without anything. Most likely because SM told him to fuck off.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Quoth ralerin View Post

CRASH. SPLATTER.

"Oooops I'm so sorry. At least nothing broke! *walks away!*"
    What a cow. Why am I still surprised when customers knock, kick, throw stuff onto the floor and then walk away? How lazy and inconsiderate can mankind get?

Comment

What a cunt! They should bring back "you break it, you bought it". That would make them be more careful! One of my coworkers saw a woman ram into a framed art picture worth $80, knocked it over and shattered the glass, and simply walked away!
      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

I'd simply love it if they brought back "You break it, you buy it." It would cut down on a lot of shrink, and messes, at my job.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          I'd simply love it if they brought back "You break it, you buy it." It would cut down on a lot of shrink, and messes, at my job.
          There's a lady who has a stall in our local shopping centre, selling some very pretty bags, jewellery, crystal figures etc., and she has a notice displayed that reads:

'Lovely to look at,
          Nice to hold,
          If you break it,
          Consider it sold.'

Should be in all stores.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Gather around everyone and I will tell you the Tale of "Lil Hina and the Spilled Milk"

When I was 8 or 11 years old my dad sent me to one of our many grocery store with one simple request. "Lil Hina, you must go and get 4L of Bagged Milk." So off I skipped toward the Dairy section and grabbed a bag of bagged milk. It was quite heavy, and I was still quite adorably klutzy at the time. So as I was walking I tripped, the bag went up in the air, and SPLASH!!!! the floor was covered in with plastic and milk.

I stared in sorrow at the white puddle. I did not have enough money to buy two packages of milk. However, I knew that if I broke something in a store I would have to pay for it. I went off in search of a Stock Boy who I knew was around the corner.

Me= Excuse me?
            SB= Can I help you?
            Me= Yes. I dropped a 4L bag of milk in the dairy aisle. I was wondering if you could get a mop so I could clean it up.
            SB= Bring YOU a mop?
            Me= Yes I made the mess.
            SB= That's okay sweetie. It's my job to clean it up, why don't you just show me where the spill is?
            Me= *Shows SB the spill* Are you sure you wouldn't like me to clean up my mess?
            SB= No, really. It's what I get paid for.
            Me= Oh that's right. Since I broke the bag of milk... *reaching for the money in my pocket*
            SB= Oh, yes you'll need a new package. I'll just grab that for you. *Grabs a package from the dairy case*
            Me= Oh no, it's alright I only have enough for one.
            SB= .... OH, no you don't have to pay for the broken one. Stuff like this happens all the time.
            Me= REALLY?!
            SB= I wish all my customers were like you. Okay now be careful not to drop this one. *Hands over the package*
            Me= I won't. Thank you!

So, Lil Hina carefully carried her bag of milk to the cashier, and then to her Daddy in the parking lot. And she never broke anything in a store again.

THE END!!!
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              'Lovely to look at,
              Nice to hold,
              If you break it,
              Consider it sold.'
              "We break, we cry.
              You break, you buy."
              Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                Me= Yes. I dropped a 4L bag of milk in the dairy aisle. I was wondering if you could get a mop so I could clean it up.
                SB= Bring YOU a mop?
                Me= Yes I made the mess.
                SB= That's okay sweetie. It's my job to clean it up, why don't you just show me where the spill is?
                SB= I wish all my customers were like you.
                See, you owned up to your mistake and offered to clean it up. That's why the man didn't mind cleaning it up and helped you with a second bag of milk. You had manners and decency, two things SCs lack, and lack severely.

When someone admits they broke something and offers to pay/clean up, we appreciate their honesty and don't mind cleaning up. A sincere apology is always a good thing. It's the ones who swan off without admitting they did wrong, and even demand that we clean it up, that we hate.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                  What a cunt! They should bring back "you break it, you bought it". That would make them be more careful! One of my coworkers saw a woman ram into a framed art picture worth $80, knocked it over and shattered the glass, and simply walked away!
                  I didn't break it, but I was at Target once and wanted to get a glass measuring cup. There was one that had been shattered and was in many, many pieces on the shelf. Which was a low shelf (about knee high) so easy for little ones to get into, as well. So I found an employee and told him about it. Which is obviously more than the person who broke it did.

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
                  "We break, we cry.
                  You break, you buy."
                  I'm hearing Mrs. Kim from Gilmore Girls. "Youbreakit youbuyit!!!"
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I definately agree with XCashier. I'm much more like that at my job, too. Helpful to people who have some measure of manners, scornful to the crass majority.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                      Gather around everyone and I will tell you the Tale of "Lil Hina and the Spilled Milk"...
                      Well there you go. Right off the bat you were everything that the SC isn't and I doubt ever will be.

You were honest, you were helpful, you were apologetic...you were the adorable child we wish we could see more of in the stores.

Hell if children today were on average half as good as you were back then it would give me hope for the future of humanity.
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Light bulbs get broken a lot in our store. They're thin pieces of glass placed in unsecure thick cardboard--they fall out of the packaging VERY easily. I'm actually pretty sure we could get a lot of sellable packages by hanging onto the unbroken bulbs and repackaging them, but there's no room to do that. Oh well.

MOST customers, thankfully, are like this guy: A man with an armful of items, including several packages of lightbulbs, is passing near returns when a bulb slips out of the packaging and shatters. He tries to do several things at once: pick up the broken bulb (but he's got his arms full), then put down his packages so he can (but there was no nearby surface), then try to find a cart to put his things in... Since returns was dead, by the time he spotted the carts up by me, I was already on my way with a broom and assurances that no one was upset that he dropped an 87-cent package of lightbulbs, it happens, go ahead and grab another one and I'll handle the glass.

Today, though on my way to clock out, I noticed a package of the same brand dropped on the floor in front of the shelf, broken glass on the floor, etc. No one bothered to tell anyone, even though it was in view of the paint counter. *sigh*
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                          Hell if children today were on average half as good as you were back then it would give me hope for the future of humanity.
                          Thank you! It is my hope that when I have children I can raise them to be as adorable and thoughtful as I was when I was younger.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I just want someone to tell me, who the heck ever came up with the idea of selling liquid in a BAG?
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              I just want someone to tell me, who the heck ever came up with the idea of selling liquid in a BAG?
                              Someone who realized that it takes less plastic - and therefore costs less money and can be marketed as 'greener'. At least, when they started selling things like laundry detergent in bags around here, that's what the rationale on the packaging is. (How can it be greener if you can't recycle the container after?)
                              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                              X