This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Conversation at Work...

Not really an SC, but a kind of a 'woah' moment.

Guy comes up to the till with a basket, with six packs of shaving razors, six to a pack. This is a bit odd so..

Me: *quips* stocking up, eh?

Him: No. I work for a funeral home. *sigh* Its' been really busy!

Me:*whers' a Boggle Smiley??* Ahh, I see.

So I finish ringing him out, but I'm feeling giggles coming on for some reason and so squeaks to him.

Me: Have a good day!

He smiles, nods and wanders off.

Note to self: get Cremated.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

I've heard that hair, nails, and so forth keep growing for a few days after death. So I can see the corpse needing a shave, and so the funeral parlor needing to keep shaving supplies on hand... even though it sounds really odd to a layman.

Comment

Yes, IMAP - that is correct ...I heard that somewhere too...don't remember when or where...or even why...
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        Yes, IMAP - that is correct ...I heard that somewhere too...don't remember when or where...or even why...
        CSI. That's where I heard it. Grissom told it to a group of med students or something like that
        "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Some info from the fine folks at Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/science/nailgrow.asp
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

I found out about that informatoin from Morbid Fact du Jour. I get the daily newsletter of morbid facts. Ah well .... I don't remember that explanation rom CSI, however, it's probably been there too.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
              CSI. That's where I heard it. Grissom told it to a group of med students or something like that
              Where would we be without Grissom and the rest of his team?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Where would we be without Grissom and the rest of his team?
                Grissom is on sabatical!! CSI just won't be the same without him
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  Grissom is on sabatical!! CSI just won't be the same without him
                  As long as Nick, Warrick and Greg don't go anywhere, I'll be JUST fine.
                  "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Working...
                  X