This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbass of The Year Award

Customer threatens coworker that because there is a problem with his account he is going to "go on a shooting spree" and warns that coworker will see the results on the news and weep over the innocent victims and it will be all his fault.

We take this sort of thing very seriously after recent news events.Not that it happens often, I had one threaten to firebomb the office a couple of years ago.

Dumbass had given his account number whe he called and we had all his details to hand and we gave them straight to the police.

I don't know what the police did, coworker was badly shaken by it.

How dumb are you to make threats to people who know exactly who and where you are?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

You (or your SCs at least) or on quite a roll today..
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
      You (or your SCs at least) or on quite a roll today..
      Yesterday and today have been bad. They ALL came out together. I don't know if it's a full moon, we always joke that a full moon brings them out.But also it may be because the schools are out now, that changes people's behaviour in shops, I have noticed.
      Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I hope they went and kicked his door in and arrested him at gunpoint. If you find out, perhaps through a newspaper, please let us know. Until then I'm happily imagining him lying handcuffed on the floor while a SWAT team is searching the house. Idiot.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
          Yesterday and today have been bad. They ALL came out together. I don't know if it's a full moon, we always joke that a full moon brings them out.But also it may be because the schools are out now, that changes people's behaviour in shops, I have noticed.
          The full moon was yesterday (Monday), yes...the SCs were out quite in force at my job too. *sigh*
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Oh, I can top that. I recently had a coworker take a call on a law office line from an angry man demanding to speak to a lawyer. When she offered to take a message, the guy said no, he needed a lawyer now because he had just "been hitting his wife and now she isn't moving.".
            My coworker took the number off caller ID and called the police....who traced the number, called the local PD, who found that the man had, indeed, just killed his wife. My coworker won't talk about it, but she was very upset and has hinted that she is going to be called to give a deposition at the very least, possibly testify at the trial. All I can say is, YIKES!

Comment

Um -

You win, Barracuda. You win.
              Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Yes, TelephoneAngel, please let us know if you find out any more on this.

I certainly hope the Police didn't just give him a talking to. In this day and age, threats like this (sadly) have to be taken very seriously.

'cuda-Yikes!

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Reminds me of the time I had a very upset customer working for "car manufacturer". The customer was irate at the dealer, and making very specific threats to drive the truck through the front window of the dealership. You should not do that when you're speaking with someone who has your vehicle description, VIN, address, and the phone number to the dealer in question. Hung up with him, got in contact with the General Manager of the dealership to let him know. Don't know whatever hapened, but I visualized the friendly police waiting to have a chat with said customer when he got to the dealership.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                    My coworker took the number off caller ID and called the police....who traced the number, called the local PD, who found that the man had, indeed, just killed his wife. My coworker won't talk about it, but she was very upset and has hinted that she is going to be called to give a deposition at the very least, possibly testify at the trial.
                    Aw, man. Poor coworker. There wasn't anything she could do to prevent it, but still, just knowing about it is horrible.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't know what the police did, coworker was badly shaken by it.
                      bet they shocked the hell out of the SC by paying him a visit.

Comment

I'm sick to my soul over this. Sick. People are really sick.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                          Oh, I can top that. I recently had a coworker take a call on a law office line from an angry man demanding to speak to a lawyer. When she offered to take a message, the guy said no, he needed a lawyer now because he had just "been hitting his wife and now she isn't moving.".
                          My coworker took the number off caller ID and called the police....who traced the number, called the local PD, who found that the man had, indeed, just killed his wife. My coworker won't talk about it, but she was very upset and has hinted that she is going to be called to give a deposition at the very least, possibly testify at the trial. All I can say is, YIKES!

And the first thing he does is call a law office??? Not even 9-1-1 just in case she might not be dead?

I'm so sorry your co-worker had to hear that. Very sad and very scary.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, absolute worst call ever. I helped her deal with it because it was late at night and there were no leads. As you can imagine, she panicked and wasn't sure what to do, so I firmly told her to call the police. I hope I never get a call that bad myself...but that's the worst I've even heard of.

Comment

Is she okay now? Your co-worker, I mean.

She did everything she could - the damage was already done when he called her, and even if not, 911 is the right thing to do.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X