X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strangest experience I've ever had

Another story from my cashier days.
    A lady came through my till with some condoms and lubricant. Whatever, I don't even bat an eyelash. Good for her for having safe sex.
    I do my usual "have a good night!" when she's leaving, since by that point it was almost a force of habit. It still is sometimes.
    She wheels on me and starts screaming.
    "I am not a whore! Don't you dare imply that I sleep around just because I bought condoms. Don't you tell me to have a good night with that smirk on your face!"
    I assure you, there was no smirk on my face.
    She went on like this for a good five minutes, screaming and yelling that I had called her a slut because I had told her to have a good night. My manager came up wondering what the ruckus was about, and she began berating him for "having such a nosy and impertinent cashier" who wished her a good night because she was buying condoms and lubricant.
    I just stood there in shock. I believe she eventually stormed off, stating that she would never return and would tell all of her friends about the rude cashier who told her to have a good night and implied she was a slut.

WHOA! take things personal much, lady? I know it's awkward for a girl to buy condoms (well, I feel a little awkward...) but making a rukus about it ain't going to make you feel less self-conscious/guilty/insert emotion here
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

The real question here is what did the Manager say to you about that? Was he a choad to you about it or did he look at the dwindling backside of this anal-dwelling twat monkey and say "Dayum! What an asshole." and leave it at that?

Inquiring minds want to know
      Mongo
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Wow. Way to make your insecurities and fears become reality. She probably had this pre-conceived notion that purchasing those items may make someone think something bad about her and was waiting for anything -ANYTHING - in order to turn the tables and prove that she was not a slut -even if it meant proving that she is a complete ass!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

She was feeling guilty and apprehensive about buying the stuff. Your comment pushed her over the edge. Not your fault.
          Heck, when I see a woman in the store buying condoms, I don't think "Slut!," I think "Good. Practices safe sex." Then I try to get her number
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Others have pointed out that this woman obviously had some insecurities about this purchase.

I agree with that, but I'll take it a step further. My guess, due to her complete overreaction? In her mind her sexaul activity made her a slut, and her lashing out at you was her guilt lashing out at her, if you follow me.

That, or she really just WAS a slut.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I've been know to buy such items from time to time, and I don't understand why people think the cashier is always out to get them. 9 times out of 10 I don't even think the cashier is paying enough attention to even recognize what I'm buying, they just scan & bag. The other 10% of the time I get an innoncent comment like "Big date tonight?" Nothing I have ever taken as someone insinuating that I am less than reputable.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I had something similar happen to me, only it was a man buying the condoms. Like you, without really thinking, I said "have a good night" and he said, very suggestively "oh, I WILL!" I was only 17 at the time so I blushed very badly.
                Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Wow. Some people and their issues and hangups.

If I ever bought condoms and was told to have a good night, I more than likely would go for the leering "I will!!!!!"
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Wow. Some people and their issues and hangups.
                    I never understood that either. I was in line behind this one guy that was buying them, and while he didn't make a scene about it, he was obviously very embarrassed. If you're not mature enough to be able to handle buying them, then you're probably not mature enough to be doing what they're used for.

I never made a big deal out of it, it was just another purchase to me. Although it was kind of funny when, after I put them on the counter, I recognized the cashier as a friend of a girl who had dumped me recently.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I think there is some legit concern for embarassment when buying condoms and stuff at a grocery store or the like. Not because I'm really embarassed by buying the items, but because I know some people still have the a major hang up about sex. This is why I like living around a large city, plenty of places to buy that type of thing without having to worry about the cashier having a problem with sex, as well as having a much larger selection on a multitude of items.

Comment

Jeez, overreact much?
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

What does she say to the pharmacist if she is on Birth Control??? Yeesh.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I've often wondered what my friend had to deal with the time he bought a large number of condoms and a large number of those mini glow sticks (the one ravers stick in thier mouths).

He bought them so he could use them as water filled ammo for lobbing waterballons from seige weapons at the Pennsic Wars (big SCA camping event for non-SCAdians).

The glow sticks? They were so he could have 'tracer ammo' for night launches
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Methinks the hag protests too much.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X