X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to rub it in maybe?

OK, happened this very morning.

Phone rings.
    Me: "Good morning, [ShopOnLine], [Cemetery Cecil] speaking, how can I help you?"
    Caller: "I just wanted to tell you that I found the [item] you sell on a different website for a lower price."
    Me: "I understand, Ma'am. Unfortunately I am not allowed to offer you a discount even in this case, so..."
    Caller (interrupting): "I am not asking for a discount, I am just telling that I am not buying from you" - and hangs up.

Urm... OK? And... W; T; F?
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

People do this at my job all the damn time. if were out of something they get all shitty like "I'M GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

Well alright, have a good night.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

- Give me a Discount on your Wii/PS3/Xbox/DS!
      - I'm sorry, I can't.
      - I can get it online at a lower price with free shipping!
      - Then go for it, sounds like a good deal!
      - But but but!!
      - No buts, there is no pricematching here.

Oh yes I've said it. Boss told me no discount whatso frikkin' ever and he knows I said it too.

Eh, if this person won't buy the console full price, somebody else will.
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
        Caller (interrupting): "I am not asking for a discount, I am just telling that I am not buying from you"
        Me: "Thankyou Ma'am you've made my day. Dancing in the streets shall commence shortly"
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          People do this at my job all the damn time. if were out of something they get all shitty like "I'M GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE!"
          What puzzles me is that she was not even asking for a discount, a price-matching or a clarification... she just wanted to tell me that she wouldn't be buying from us.
          Whatever.
          I won't even start trying to understand.
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

What puzzles me is that she was not even asking for a discount, a price-matching or a clarification... she just wanted to tell me that she wouldn't be buying from us.
            Whatever.
            I won't even start trying to understand.
            if you have her number call her in the middle of the night, sobbing and incoherently begging her to shop at your store. Its what they all want.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              if you have her number call her in the middle of the night, sobbing and incoherently begging her to shop at your store. Its what they all want.
              Funny thing is - she never identified herself! I have no idea if she is an old customer who decided to tell us she is not returning, somebody who bought thousands of Euro of material or someone who bough one tiny cable for 13 Euro (discounted to 9) or somebody who just called randomly with a "nyah nyah nyah" attitude.
              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Comment

Funny thing is - she never identified herself! I have no idea if she is an old customer who decided to tell us she is not returning, somebody who bought thousands of Euro of material or someone who bough one tiny cable for 13 Euro (discounted to 9) or somebody who just called randomly with a "nyah nyah nyah" attitude.
                I'm guessing it's the last one. Probably left her with a feeling of actual accomplishment. "There! That'll tell them!"

Although it's also possible that she is a returning customer and she assumed you would recognize her voice.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The path to insanity is trying to understand some of these people. If you follow down this path..bring your straight jacket and padded cell.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X