X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocking news

Just got off the phone with this lady:

Me: Thank you for calling Bake-A-Fish, this is Sheldon. How can i help you?

Lady: (in caps because she was yelling) I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH SOMEONE FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION! THEY WANTED ME TO DONATE AND WHEN I SAID I COULDN'T AT THIS TIME, THEY WERE VERY RUDE AND SAID "I GUESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT DYING CHILDREN!". I WANT TO KNOW WHO CALLED ME AND I WANT THEM FIRED!!!!

Me: I am very sorry about the call you received but Bake-A-Fish NEVER solicits donations by phone. We even post that promise on our web site.

Lady: THEN WHY WOULD THEY SAY THEY WERE WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION?!!! (said in a smug, sarcastic "Gotcha" tone)

Me: (In my most dead pan, monotone voice) yes, it is shocking that someone trying to steal money from you would also lie.

Lady: NEVER MIND! click!

I've actually gotten calls like this many times here, but most callers understand when I explain it to them.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

"Bake a Fish"..... LMAO!!

But yeah, she really "gotcha".

Comment

But, dontcha know that no one else other than people working for Bake-a-Fish (LOL at that, BTW) even knows what the organization's name is? Therefore, it must have been someone working there.

"So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Someone scamming donors like that is awful. It's too bad woman was screaming at you, but I understand why she was upset. And I'd be even more pissed to learn someone was scamming me that way.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Bake-a-Fish

I hate those sort of people.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Thank you for the best WIN I've heard all day
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Working...
            X